1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Newly Fabricated 3 point Ballast for JD 6330

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by cf1128, Dec 11, 2010.

1. cf1128

cf1128 Member
    from NH

Was not gonna pay $1000 to my JD dealer for a ballast box.
    Until I buy an Ebling this is my rear weight.
    I have my tires loaded, not sure I even needed the weight.
    More pictures to come with concrete "installed".
    Figure the total weight right around 1288lbs.
    Now before you go correcting me on the weight, I have not weighed it yet, from what I understand all mixes of concrete weigh similar but not the same, Pike Industries which is who filled it for me, claims that this concrete weighs 4000lbs. a yard.
    Sounds high to me, I live right by my transfer station I will weigh it one of these days.
    I know she aint real pretty but she will be black, yellow or JD green in a couple days.
    I was just trying to make a simple cost effective, like almost free... ballast.
    The hitch bar I used was a bent up one we straightened for this project. A free 55 gallon drum from my buddies mulch dye and walla, I saved $975.
    My first thread, so I hope pictures come up ok.

2. BORIS

BORIS Senior Member

Sweet I think that would work just fine and the savings heck yea
  3. Jelinek61

Jelinek61 Senior Member

Nice idea, I saw a similar one on this site a few weeks ago on a tractor. It really got me thinking that it would be a great alternative
  4. cf1128

cf1128 Member
    from NH

I have seen some nice ones with room for shovels and tools etc...
    I think I will just add a chain box and maybe a couple hooks or a hitch, I really just wanted weight though.