1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Newish Truck Newish Plow

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by shott8283, Mar 26, 2011.

1. shott8283

shott8283 Senior Member

decided since the season is winding down I would upgrade. I also have a daughter due any day now and figured the reg cab short bed 1/2 ton had to go.

I went from a 01 1500 Ram with the 360 4X4 and a 7'6" Unimount to this bad boy

'03 2500 Ram Hemi Quad Cab Short Bed with an Astro Cap. Plow and Tow Packages

truck came from South Kansas, has never seen a lick of salt. Not a spot of rust on it. 70,000 miles

I also picked up an '05 Western Ultramount MVP 9'6" with Dodge brackets and wiring

Just finished installing the plow this morning.

total in the picture around 16K and change

2. randomb0b123

randomb0b123 PlowSite.com Addict
    from america

plowing with a cap dosent sound fun are you going to leave that on during winter?
  3. Greenmtboy

Greenmtboy Senior Member
    from Vermont

Nice looking truck!
  4. Morrissey snow removal

Morrissey snow removal PlowSite.com Addict

nice looking truck
  5. f250man

f250man PlowSite Veteran

Very nice looking rig
  6. shott8283

shott8283 Senior Member

I havent decided about leaving the cap on for the plow season over the summer I'm adding a flip out screen in dash with a back up camera do I'm hoping that will increase visibility the nice thing is I can store all my fire dept hear back there and not worry about it smoking up the cabin and will help keep my interior clean
  7. DodgeBlizzard

DodgeBlizzard Senior Member

That is a nice truck. Keep the cap on if you like and just use your mirrors when backing up.
  8. bruin250

bruin250 Member

Very nice truck and plow.
  9. The PuSher MaN

The PuSher MaN Senior Member

Cap sucks for visibility but it is nice to keep your salt and snowblower out of the elements
  10. shott8283

shott8283 Senior Member

we dont salt and i only carry a hand shovel and a small two cycle power shovel one my route. so i can see the benefits of it. and im getting really used to not having the visibility .. we will see how it goes .

im thinking with the sectional tow mirrors and the back up camera ill be adding later (once my old truck sells.) ill be ok. wont know til i try it.

thanks again guys!