1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? Explore this quick video tour of updates and enhancements. It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Newfoundland

Discussion in 'Storm Pictures' started by MIAWPUKEK, Oct 13, 2005.

1. MIAWPUKEK

MIAWPUKEK Senior Member

Once in a while, we get hit with a hard storm too! This is when I said "enough of this, I'm gettin' a plow!!!"

*hope this pic works*

Last edited: Oct 13, 2005
  2. MIAWPUKEK

MIAWPUKEK Senior Member

There, got it to work! The driveway is about 300 ft long, one lane. It took my uncle 2 and half hours to just get to the house, not including plowing around the house afterwards. "I'm Gettin' A Plow!!"

Truck Stuck 2 (2).JPG

Last edited: Oct 14, 2005
  3. Oshkosh

Oshkosh PlowSite.com Addict

How much would someone charge to plow that?

Hello, What is the going rate up there to plow a driveway like that?
    Nice photo by the way.

4. MIAWPUKEK

MIAWPUKEK Senior Member

you don't get $$$$ all for plowing driveways around here when you look at what it does to your pick up. You might get between 10 dollars and 20 dollars depending on the size of the driveway. And believe me, some of the driveways around here, plus the extras the homeowner wants you to do, is worth wayyyyyyyyyyyy more than 20 bucks!

If anyone else got any storm pics of Newfoundland, put 'em on!!

5. Fishtank

Fishtank Junior Member
    from Canada

Just a couple of picks looking out my front door during a wee little blizzard in Eastern Newfoundland. The grader you see has a big ole v-blade on the front - trying to clear the road where it is blown in and blocked off. The grader was there for 30 minutes clearing that section. excuse the bad pics - it was snowing and blowing and was my old camera.

[​IMG]

And here is number 2

[​IMG]

6. Winter Land Man

Winter Land Man Senior Member

Nice pics!!!

7. DJC

DJC Senior Member

Where in NF do you live???? I have been there several times. Corner brook, English Harbor West, Rocky Harbor. You name it!!!!::waving:

8. MIAWPUKEK

MIAWPUKEK Senior Member

I'm from the South Coast, Connaigre area.....Bay D' Espoir. But I decided to go back to school in Grand Falls Windsor (central), and then to University in Corner Brook. Whever I goes, I'm taking my plow with me!

9. DJC

DJC Senior Member

Yup I have been to all those places also. I know what you mean about winter. I remember flying into Gander on afternoon and nothing but a whiteout. pilots here in the US would have turned around and said screw it!!! LOL.

10. MIAWPUKEK

MIAWPUKEK Senior Member

January 26th, finally got some snow worth plowing. 40+ cm between today and expected tomorrow.

car(smaller).jpg

11. SuperDuty

SuperDuty Senior Member

:drinkup: Checked out your web site...GOOD LUCK EHH!!!!!:drinkup:

12. MIAWPUKEK

MIAWPUKEK Senior Member

Thank you very much. We're both very excited.....and nervous!

13. MIAWPUKEK

MIAWPUKEK Senior Member

Storm hits Nfld!

There's currently a blizzard hitting Newfoundland, this is the downtown St. John's in front of Mile One Stadium. Expected to get 30-40 cm (12-16 inches)!!!!

current.jpg

14. MIAWPUKEK

MIAWPUKEK Senior Member

storm upgraded

Snow warning for St. John's has been upgraded to 40 - 55 cm (16-22 inches) and 120 kph (75 mph) winds causing severe whiteouts. Lucky buggers!

15. Plow-chic

Plow-chic Junior Member

Congrats

Just checked out your site. Congrats on the engagement! Happy Valentines Day!:drinkup: