1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Newest Addition

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by ColumbiaLand, Mar 5, 2010.

1. ColumbiaLand

ColumbiaLand Senior Member

2006 Ford LCF 11000 Miles, Auto PSD V6 (Good Fuel Economy) 16000 GVW 12' Landscape Body Dump, Huge Toolbox With Fuel Tank, New Tires, Guy Ran A 9'2" Boss V XT on this last year with a 3 yard salter. Our plan is to use this truck for larger landscaping jobs where we have to travel far and for a larger parking lot in the winter in conjuction with our loader and skidsteer. Plus it turns on a dime and the price was great! Our first cabover.

2. ColumbiaLand

I don't have the plow he had on it but I will get a new 9'2" Poly V XT for it in the fall, This truck does have a custom made boss mount and the mount and wiring are still on the truck. I just need the controller and plow. They guy we bought it from said it actually plowed very well with the weight in the truck.
  3. ColumbiaLand

And the truck will mainly do maintenance work during the summer. It can carry lots of mulch and we dont have to haul the big dump trailer long distance. (Some people just cant back up trailers and really like to back into things)
  4. merrimacmill

merrimacmill PlowSite.com Addict
    from MA

Congrats! Looks really awesome. I love the color. I almost bought a GMC w5500 with the 19500 gvwr this season but ended up with the big kubota instead.

Keep me posted on how you like the cabover setup, it just makes so much sense to me that I've wanted one for awhile now. Only problem is the plow installers seem to complain about installing on it, and I don't see many around.

again, looks awesome!

I know, I'll be the one to ask.... If you don't mind of course, how much did that thing run you?
  5. MileHigh

MileHigh PlowSite.com Addict

Pimp. A lot of companies use cab overs around here.

Didn't even know they made a psd in 6 cylinder form.
  6. ColumbiaLand

We pick it up in a few days, The selling points for me were the fuel mileage, it seats 3 comfortably and it can work year round. This is the second LCF that I have seen that plowed. Oh and were going to get a 2 yard saltdogg poly for it or maybe a 4 yard if we get those larger lots this year. Hope Lowes is still working out well for you.

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

They don't, atleast as far as I know and I know everything just ask me:D
  8. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

very nice truck good deal with only 11K miles on it just woundering why the guy sold it?
  9. ColumbiaLand

This is a Powerstroke diesel 6 Cylinder, Look at the badge in the picture
  10. BKFC255

BKFC255 Senior Member

wasnt it the PSD they were talking about puttting in the f 150 at one time?
  11. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

I believe so. and thats a nice looking lcf!
  12. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

I noticed they have the exhaust piped up the right side of the truck .so how is it to drive? does it have any balls to it driving it?
  13. ColumbiaLand

The stock exhaust is gone, He had a custom stack built on the side there
  14. icudoucme

icudoucme Senior Member

Thats a sweet setup. Hope it works out well for ya. Keep us posted.
  15. sjosephlawncare

sjosephlawncare Senior Member

Thats a very versatile truck. Got any more pics? You have nice stuff
  16. A.Landscaping

A.Landscaping Member

That's a nice looking truck hope it works well for you.
  17. ColumbiaLand

I will have more pictures soon after it gets on the road and lettered up. It has tons of room for lettering and I have tons of ideas other that just the standard company stuff.....
  18. ColumbiaLand

He split with his business partner and they closed up and both have moved into starting their own business
  19. Fire_n_Ice

Fire_n_Ice Senior Member

When your done with it give me a call.....I may in the market by then! That thinks is awesome! Very nice find. How much did that set you back? (if you don't mind us askin)
  20. Lux Lawn

Lux Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

Nice looking truck.