1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Newest addition to our company

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by dieselguy5245, Apr 17, 2011.

1. dieselguy5245

dieselguy5245 Senior Member
    from mass.

2. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

Nice truck. How do you like the automatic? You ran it out of fuel? That must have bean fun to get going again.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2011
  3. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

Looks really clean. Are you guys putting a plow on it or no? I hope you didn't put more gas in it lol. That might be why it died in the first place hahahaha.

4. dieselguy5245

from mass.

Thanks! I like it alot this is the first truck we have had it in. it shifts nice and gets up and going pretty good. The gauge read it had 1/4 tank left but the reading was wrong bc they just the fuel sending unit needs to be replaced. we had the mechanic from the dealer com and put gas in it

5. dieselguy5245

from mass.

It is for an 2005 with 70,000 on it. we are gonna put a plow on it come next fall just gotta start working first. the fuel sending units bad and gave us a false reading it said it had a 1/4 of a tank left when it really didnt

6. Drew2010

Drew2010 Senior Member

This dump is not a gas burner. it uses diesel fuel... That is why people are saying Fuel and " I hope you didnt put more gas in it....

From now on use the term- fuel.....

7. dieselguy5245

from mass.

Thats why i kept saying Fuel except for once

8. Dodgetruckman731

Dodgetruckman731 Senior Member

Better say Petroleum Diesel Fuel, don't want to put wood in it, come on guys what a stupid thing to argue about:dizzy:

9. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

LMAO... yeah def wouldn't wanna put fuel pellets in it either :dizzy:

10. dieselguy5245

from mass.

Haha dont want none of that in there

11. newhere

newhere PlowSite.com Addict
    from Fenton

I was going to harass you about calling it "gas" also, that's not a big deal but if you keep doing it you have to hand in your man card. The reason I cut you slack is that you said "cummins" and not "cummings". Spell it with a G and your balls get removed to be used as a paper weight.

12. dieselguy5245

from mass.

Believe me i hate it when people call it a cummings instead of a cummins. I almost always say fuel when referring to diesel.Im not an idiot when it comes to diesels haha

13. Mackman

Mackman PlowSite.com Addict
    from S.E. PA

What are the specs on it?? axle ratings, double framed, type of susp. etc etc. I dont think them 335 are built heavy enough to be tri/axles. Just my 2cents. Overall it is a nice looking truck. Hope it works good for you. Thumbs Up

14. dieselguy5245

from mass.

it has 46 rears,12 fronts and i think 15 or something like that on the lift axle. thats plenty fine for what were hauling.it has the haulmax suspension in it and i believe it is double framed.its heavy enough plus the floats on the front add to what it can carry. Thanks! Yea it not bad for an 2005

15. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

I hope it's double framed. My uncle's 1991 Ford L9000 wheeler only has a single frame and you can se the frame flex when you are loading it.

16. dieselguy5245

from mass.

Yepp it is double framed

17. Drew2010

Drew2010 Senior Member

I count one "gas" in post #1 and another in post #4... So that makes 2 not 1..... Its a pet peeve of mine.... and no hard feelings... Just givin u sh**

18. dieselguy5245

from mass.

Nahh its alright i can take it lol i accept my mistake

19. newhere

newhere PlowSite.com Addict
    from Fenton

If I were to order a truck it would have a thick single frame. Rust between a double frame is a huge problem. I helped my pa strip a C500 kenworth down to bare bones because of rust. I stripped my double frame kodiak down to the frame rails to deal with it.

20. dieselguy5245

from mass.

Well rust shouldnt be a problem with this truck bc its a southern truck but i will keep a look out for that