1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Newest 1994 INternational 4X4 around

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by cat320, Oct 21, 2003.

1. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

2. vector6

vector6 Senior Member

Sweet ! :salute:
  3. wyldman

wyldman Member

That is in nice shape.It looks as if a lot of the stuff has been painted\touched up\undercoated,but other than than,it looks mint.
  4. snowplowjay

snowplowjay Banned

Looks like its painted Drab Green is it Military spec'd"????

5. snow

snow PlowSite.com Veteran

I'd rather have a 550 than that thing. The bidding starts at over $36k, a new F550 dump could be had for around that. Once you add central hydro's, a dump body, a plow or spreader, you're easily looking at $70k. I'd buy an old state truck for $2500 before i bought the cab and chassic along for probably over $40k.

6. a palustris

a palustris Member

Well, seeing as how a new C&C of that size is going to be at least $40,000 at minimum... and then 4x4 is another ~$12,000 on top of that... That's $52,000 Let's say you dropped another $20,000 into a new dump bed, sander, and plow which would be a pretty nice set-up. Now you are at $72,000. So if you can get that setup for 50 - 60 G's I don't think you would be bad off, seeing as how it's only got 160 miles on it.

Snow, a brand new F550 C&C costs $37,000. Now add $5,000 for a plow. $6,000 for a sander. $10,000 for nice dump bed. You are at about the same cost. Only your F550 has no miles on it. However the International has ~9,000 lbs on you. Not to menion a LOT more towing ability.
  7. snow

Your numbers are way off. An F550 with a dump body is like $36k.

If you actually looked at the link, you'd realize the international is 4x4, so you can toss that $12k out the window.

First of all, a 550 and the international are in a totally different league, the international is like a class 8 truck, with probably a 33k gvw vs a 17,500 on a 4wd F550.

8. a palustris

a palustris Member

List for the F550 C&C is $37,000

As far as the 12 G's goes for the 4x4, I was referring to if you were to have built from new. I have been to the dealers before, and was quoted $12,000 for 4x4. A low of $8,000
  9. HerkFE

HerkFE Member

If you can find a new 4x4 diesel 550 with a dump body for $36K please let me know! No one around here can come close to that...without even batting an eye you are over $40k and with a LS rear end, not a locker, etc etc etc. Plus you get that new ford diesel engine not the ole reliable Navistar 7.3l.

All in all, not a bad set up....and as you said, not in the same league, need a cdl, but look at the numbers for your outfitted 550 and see what you can legally carry...by the time you throw on that dump body and such you can hardly carry a pallet of pavers!

Nice truck and but what a great set-up if you need it!

JD PLOWER PlowSite.com Veteran

I think one of the pics shows the GVW at 24000? This would be capable of carrying about 6k more pounds than a 550, not a small amount particularly when it comes to V boxes or hauling snow. If its juice brakes you really won't need a cdl. With that much of a difference its hard to compare these two trucks. The yet to be released GMC 5500 4X4 might be a better comparison. But we'll have to wait on that one ;)
  11. snow

I just looked, it is only 26k gvw, but it has air brakes. I do not know the rules when a vehicle under 26k gvw has air brakes. When i got my cdl, i have to take a test on air brakes, so i don't know if one would need the endorsement or what.

You can see the yellow air parking brake knob on the dash and the brake cans on the rear axle for the air brakes.

I'm really not sure what you'd need to drive that vehicle as you technically do not need a cdl for it based on the gvw, but it is equipped with air brakes.

Back to the F550 vs the international, there is almost a 10k gvw difference between the two, so it's not worth arguing which can carry more.

Now, if you're talking about an F650 vs a GMC 6500 vs the international, then you're talking similar gvw vehicles.

12. JCurtis

JCurtis Banned

:nono: Children, NO ARGUEING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!::D
  13. BWhite

BWhite Senior Member

if its built to mil spec then thats one rare piece of like new equipment . It needs to go to a military museum for future value . Twenty years+ from now it will be real special .
  14. Alan

Alan PlowSite.com Addict

I kinda think that the reserve may be a bit too high though. Even if it is virtually new there is no warranty on it now. Any teething troubles are going to cost $$. I have to admit that I would love to have it though. clip the frame and relocate the axle to get around 75" cab to axle and it would be just about a perfect 9' dump chassis. Only thing is I'd prefer a manual tranny to that auto box.
  15. digger242j

digger242j Senior Member

Well, it sure looks pretty, and unused.

I'm not sure I buy the above quote though. Any of our ex-servicepersons care to comment?
  16. LandscapeEscape77

LandscapeEscape77 COPPA Member

payup payup

Thats all I can say

Looks nice-except for that color its a little GOMER PYLE USMC:salute:

JD PLOWER PlowSite.com Veteran

If I recall correctly you will need an air brake endorsement to drive this but at the 24k gvw you won't need a class b.
  18. Mike 97 SS

Mike 97 SS Banned
    from U.S.A.

Thats a nice looking truck. I love the 4x4 stance, with all that extra clearance between the front fender and front tire. Its pretty rare to see an International truck 4x4, isnt it? I dont believe I have seen any here, maybe I did and wasnt paying attention. That truck would get like a 10' plow or so? Maybe 11'? I like it, I think its sharp looking, plus not something you see everyday, atleast not around here. Mike :)
  19. Pelican

Pelican 2000 Club Member

Doing what? No indication of a body or 5th wheel being attached. And to think this unused truck is being replaced with an Oshkosh. Our County highway dept. has discontinued using Oskosh because they've become so expensive. So now we all are buying one to sit in a hanger for 10 years?
  20. Rooster

Rooster Member
    from Kansas

Well, long live Gomer Pyle!!!