1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Newer truck!

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Glenn Lawn Care, Jan 7, 2013.

1. Glenn Lawn Care

Glenn Lawn Care Senior Member

After almost 8 years it was time for an upgrade. My 97 ford f250 7.3l was a good truck but I needed something different and I couldn't pass up this deal. I bought a 2002 ford f-250 5.4l, 75xxx miles. I paid $14k. The only bad thing is that it's yellow.

441.jpg

442.jpg

450.jpg

2. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

Put a cap on it and a flashing stop sign and haul kids to school when not plowing. Looks pretty clean.

3. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

In high school I had a big old 4 door Buick that was yellow like that. Kids called it the Maxi Taxi!

That's a cool truck because it's different. I like it.

4. Drew2010

Drew2010 Senior Member

Looks like its in good shape.

But idk about $14,000...

although i must say 7.3 > 5.4 any day...

Last edited: Jan 7, 2013
  5. ducaticorse

ducaticorse PlowSite.com Addict
    from we

Hmmmm. I bought an 04 F350 with a MM2 on it and 64K on the clock for 6500 a cpl months back. You paid double what that truck is worth, unless I am missing something huge here....

I was hoping it was at least a diesel, man you got HOSED... What the hell were you thinking??

Last edited: Jan 7, 2013
  6. BPS#1

BPS#1 2000 Club Member

Even with a NEW plow on it that would be a bit steep.

Last summer I bought a 02 ext cab short bed v-10 with 206,000 miles on it for $6800.

I'm surprised this one was that much even with only 75k miles.

Had it been a 7.3L diesel with those miles it would have been a deal at that price.

7. ducaticorse

from we

There is no way in hell this truck cost 14K. I just dont believe it. With the mileage in nice condition, no rus,t at the most it would fetch seven thousand MAYBE 8 with the plow.

I bought a black 04 single cab with 64K and an 8ft MM2 on it two months ago for 6500. I had to put two manifolds on it but Jesus, 14K???

8. 2006Sierra1500

2006Sierra1500 PlowSite.com Addict

I was gonna say thats a little much and I wouldn't pay more than 6 grand maybe 7 with the plow. You got taken, my friend.

9. 2006Sierra1500

2006Sierra1500 PlowSite.com Addict

On KBB an 02 with 75k miles, perfect condition, private party is less than 10 grand with a plow.

10. BPS#1

BPS#1 2000 Club Member

I forgot to mention the 02 I bought was fully loaded with every Lariat option that existed in 02.
    Even with the high miles high book was still around $8500.

11. Pennings Garden

Pennings Garden Senior Member
    from VA

14k for a 02 5.4 with plow is high, any thing brand new on it? Motor, tranny? It looks really clean.

6500.- for a a clean 04 with 64k and a plow is unbelievably low, as in really, I don't believe you.

12. Glenn Lawn Care

Glenn Lawn Care Senior Member

I bought it from a dealer. I know I paid a little much for it but there is bothing I can do now.

13. ducaticorse

from we

I have the bill of sale and pictures plus the title if you'd like. I have zero reason to lie. Besides, anyone with half a brain knows that the op got straight jacked on his purchase. I don't need to cite my own experience to point that out.

14. ducaticorse

from we

Didnt you at least look up the book on it? I hate to beat a dead horse, but you literally paid twice as much as you should have for that truck, not "a little much"..

15. ducaticorse

from we

And here she is. With the company lettering still on the side. Feel free to give them a call and find out for yourself ;-)

IMAG0636.jpg

16. scott3430

scott3430 PlowSite.com Addict

Whatever you paid Glenn - I bet it feels good to upgrade! Thumbs Up

17. SSS Inc.

SSS Inc. PlowSite Fanatic

Since I'm from the same area I'm going to defend the purchase. There is no way in H.E. double hockey sticks you can get that yellow truck in this area for 7k. That truck most likely came from some state agency and similar trucks tend to go at the state auction for 10k plus. There isn't a decent plow truck for sale for under 12k here that I can find. We have some of the biggest piles of crap on Craigslist going for $4500:dizzy: He may have been on the high end but certainly not double.
    None of that matters now, I like itThumbs Up

18. Pennings Garden

Pennings Garden Senior Member
    from VA

Blue book value is $11.651,- he paid 14K, double would be 23K

OP does the 14K maybe include all taxes and registration?

19. ducaticorse

from we

Well in that case, I have a black 04 F350 single cab with new manifolds, new tires and breaks with a 8ft mm2 for sale for 16 grand. I will deliver it for FREE.

20. ducaticorse

from we