1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Newer truck Mirror

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by fathead, Nov 11, 2010.

1. fathead

fathead Junior Member
    from MN

I have a 2001 Gmc with the OEM Mirrors on them does any one know if you can put the bigger Towing mirrors from a 2004-2005. If so is a bolt in place or does it need major or minor changes. power, no lights in them and no heat in them

2. Chris Leonard

Chris Leonard Junior Member

The plugs are different on the 05's then the 01's but you can buy the mirrors on ebay that will plug in and bolt up.

3. South Seneca

South Seneca Senior Member

I bought towing mirrors for my '01 GMC on ebay. I didn't realize mine were heated but they are. Changing them is easy and takes about 10 minutes per side. You just carefully pull the triangle shaped inside cover off to expose the nuts that hold them on.

You want to enter "lowest price including shipping" to save time on ebay. Some have a good price then screw you on the shipping.

4. PLM-1

PLM-1 Senior Member

You don't want the 03-05 mirrors! Go with the 06-present. I have the mirrors you speak of and they aren't any better than the ones you have visibility wise. There simply isn't enough height to these towing mirrors.

5. ss502gmc

ss502gmc Senior Member

Are the 06 and up mirrors compatible with the 01's? I know the bolt pattern is the same but what about the heated mirror plug and plugs for the mirror itself? Any idea how much you can get those new mirrors for? Maybe ebay or something?

6. Philbilly2

Philbilly2 2000 Club Member