1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

newer ram ?

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by bader, Jan 17, 2009.

1. bader

bader Junior Member

i am looking into getting a new truck my 98 2500 is getting old. i want another 2500 ram but have herd you are not sapose to plow with the ctd. after having the gasser before i want the diesel. is there a quad cab short bed plow preped diesel? and what is the plow prep just the alternator and battery? i have a new boss 7'6" sd will the wiring transfer or not.

2. BigDave12768

BigDave12768 PlowSite.com Addict

Not sure about the wiring. But you can plow prep on it. Boss says you can put the 7.6 straight on it. But look at this way. You never bring the truck in for service with plow on it. Plow prep is stiffer taller springs on front end. And skid plates. Alternator and Battery come on all of them. Diesels dont even come close to using the same amount of juice as a gasser since they have no ignition system to run.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2009
  3. bader

bader Junior Member

but the diesel springs are the same as the plow prep gasser springs right. if anything i will just put the wings on my blade

4. BigDave12768

BigDave12768 PlowSite.com Addict

I think the Diesels are a bit stiffer to compensate for weight, But they sit same height. No matter what the truck can handle a 7.6 easily enough.

5. WilliamOak

WilliamOak PlowSite.com Addict

A plow prepped diesel has the same springs as a plow prepped gasser. And maybe I misread your post but you can absoutley plow with a ctd, My first time plowing was in a ctd with a Vbox in it and you could barely tell was there... it was awesome to say the least. I wouldnt worry at all about hanging a 7.6' straight blade on it.