1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Newer 8 ft diamond Plow Setup

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by cmo18, Nov 15, 2009.

1. cmo18

cmo18 Senior Member

Hi guys, going to be purchasing this in the next couple of days. How old is it and what name do they go by? i.e EZ plus mount, EZ classic mount etc I think it's approx 4 years old..For some reason the previous owner installed older model lights because the new ones kept breaking???Also what pump does it have and how hard is it to install on a 2008 Dodge ram 2500 from a 2006 Dodge ram 2500?
    Thanks,
    Chris

8 ft diamond.jpeg

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

It's an MDll mount with an E60H pump. Approx 5-6 years old.

MDll was the predecessor to the current EZ-Plus and is very similar in it's design.

3. cmo18

cmo18 Senior Member

On Meyer website, it doesn't give that as an option, MDII....unless that means EZ classic...E60H a good pump? I know its a general question but is there any common issues? Also, any tricky stuff to wiring it up to my new truck? coming off an 06 ram 2500 going on a 07-08 ram 2500

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Like I mentioned Chris the MDll's were the predecessor to the current EZ-Plus. They're basically the same and will interchange. It's just the mount pin holes are a bit different and the EZ-Plus will only have one pair of attachment handles instead of two.

The E60's had most of the same issues as all the older Meyer pumps. Contamination will stop them cold, corrosion between the motor and sump base and the usual valve issues as common to them.

Nothing special about the wiring, just take your time and follow the manuals. But, if you're not comfortable with doing the install then either get a helper who is or pay the money to have a pro install it. Doing so can save you much headache down the road if you're not familiar with what you're doing..

5. Deco

Deco Senior Member

Easy setup to service in the field . I can do them blindfolded BB :laughing:

6. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

As most that own them can. :D

7. cmo18

cmo18 Senior Member

thank you B&B, I wonder why meyer doesn't have it listed on their site if its only 5 years old. 2300$ CDN for the setup sound like a good price to you guys? Mounts right to my new truck, and has a new cutting edge....

best of luck this year guys

8. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Because it's 5 years old. :D Actually if you look around at some of the older documentation and such you'll actually see them referred to as an "MDll/EZ-Plus" both. Because thy're basically the same thing and by no means is the MDll obsolete. I generally don't give price opinions as they vary greatly by region but it's probably worth the asking price, especially for you since the truck side components are for your application. Nothing more to purchase to get it on there.

9. cmo18

cmo18 Senior Member

Ya i'm looking on the site right now for installation instruction. I cant open for some reason can some one post the document?

10. murray83

murray83 Senior Member

For the asking price its a great deal,most diamond 8 footers here in NB would go around 2500 to 3500 depending on condition.

11. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Just checked, worked just fine for me. :confused:

12. cmo18

cmo18 Senior Member

I wish it was working for me... acrobe reader opens but no file......anyway of opening the file and posting it on here?

13. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

The mount file is too large to post but I'll email it to you if you shoot me a PM. If you still can't open it then you've got an Adobe problem.

14. tastebeer

tastebeer Member

Diamond

Good plow, toughest plow made, the new ones are much lighter and weaker, the MDII mount will allow you to remove the plow and leave the head gear (don't know why Meyer thought we needed this)

15. cmo18

cmo18 Senior Member

I personally think its ugly to leave just the headgear on. But its an option...I'm going to be installing all the truck side of things before I pick the plow up. Is there ways of checking all the electrical to see if all works before I drive to pick the plow up? Or should I bring the headgear with me?

16. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

In your case it's probably best if you grab the lift frame/pump unit too. Testing the truck side wiring may add some grief you don't really need to go through... especially if it has a touchpad controller.

17. cmo18

cmo18 Senior Member

I've never owned a plowed where the headgear can separate. Is it very difficult or is just pull two pins, release the chain and your on your way?

18. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Correct again Chris. Disconnect the hoses and chain, then pull the two yellow pins out. Of course you'll want an assist for help as the lift frame with the pump on it is a little awkward to handle so be sure you do have a helper.

19. cmo18

cmo18 Senior Member

The hoses have quick connectors on them?

20. Nascar24

Nascar24 Senior Member

Hi

The $2300 CD is about right for the condition of that plow, As B&B stated the E60 has some issues but can easily serviced. I sell several of these plows, IMHO I prefer this model over all others. The MDII / MD Plus is the most versaltile mounting system out their. The wiring and center clevis being universal among vehicle makes, a simple bracket swap and headlamp plugs and you can easily move it to another make and model. The 2003 to 2006 Dodge 2500 are one in the same, brackets should bolt directly to your newer model.

As far as the wiring the main harnesses tend to be the weak link, after a few years the rubber swells and salt and moisture attacks the pins and cooredes them to a point of no repair. You can replace them or swiitch them back to the old style Meyer power pigtail on the pump and extend the light plugs, the three control plugs and get longer set of truck side power cords.

This should get you to the mounting instructions.
    http://ww2.meyerproducts.com/upload/forms/1-802 R2.pdf

here's a few photos of one of the many 8' Diamond MDII's I have refirbished.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]