1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Newby sander questions

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by littlemcvic, Oct 3, 2010.

1. littlemcvic

littlemcvic Junior Member

Hey guys,

So I know i might get thrashed for asking such newby questions.. but my dad is looking at a new sander for the company and I found a bunch online. I have narrowed it down to a couple, one of which I am going to look at on tuesday of this week.

http://boston.craigslist.org/gbs/bfs/1974526989.html

So my question(s) is/are, what are some things I should be looking for? Rust in certain areas (I know its stainless.. but that aside)? Controls? are there certain belts/chains that tend to go bad? I have plowed for several years but this is the first time we have ever gotten involved in the sanding side of things.

oh, and the sander would be put to work in our 04 F-550 (I know you guys love pictures..)

[​IMG]

2. deicepro

deicepro PlowSite.com Addict

bump......nice truck

3. FLC2004

FLC2004 Senior Member

Get a tornado generation 2 or a polycaster in your case to match your plow

4. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

posting expired

5. JpLawn

JpLawn Senior Member

Ya that sander has been on there for awhile.

6. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Put a electric undertailgate spreader on it. It will save a bunch of weight, make the truck more versitile and carry more material. Truck craft, downeaster and Buyers all make electric udertailgates.

7. lilweeds

lilweeds PlowSite.com Addict

Don't forget Swenson makes one too!