1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by jklawn&Plow, Dec 7, 2011.

1. jklawn&Plow

jklawn&Plow Senior Member

Finally got it on the truck and ready to go. Here's some pics before tighteming the torsion bars.

2. APLC

APLC Senior Member

Looking good love the look of the chevy with boss combo ussmileyflag
  3. Stik208

Stik208 PlowSite.com Addict

The bars do not need adjustment on the 11's. Throw 1 or 2 pounds in the bed and have a blast.
  4. randomb0b123

randomb0b123 PlowSite.com Addict
    from america

danggggggggggggggggg that truck looks awesome
  5. jklawn&Plow

Thanks, it seems to hold the plow pretty well. I cranked up the T-Bars 10 turns on Driver's side and ~5 on Passenger. This made it level side to side (from factory was off) and Front wheel well is about a 1/2inch lower than back. Seems to ride smoother now? I don't get it, thought it would be stiffer. Perhaps its because some engine weight is being distributed to the back and the leafs need more load to create that smooth ride. Of couse the Boss frame is now 17.5-18" inches so I had to lower that. Still have about an inch of Bolt on T-Bar but I don't think I'll crank it up any higher. Just need to Hard wire my Light on Roof and Back up Lights.
  6. contractor078

contractor078 Senior Member

thats a sweet looking right that you have there. i wanted my truck in black but didnt want to wait to order one. nice set up. good luck with it
  7. mossman381

mossman381 2000 Club Member

When you turn the t-bar bolt you do not increase tension. All you are doing is rotating the t-bar and moving the lower a-arm downward. I am not sure I would have done that many turns on the one side. You have to watch out you don't over extend the shocks. But nice lookin rig Thumbs Up
  8. jklawn&Plow

I see what you mean about the tension not increasing. I brought them back down some. I guess the only way to preload the t-bars is to add more weight up front (bring them back down). I was going to try to run some ballast so I would have some weight in the back but that also raises the front up. Tomorrow I'm thinking of lowering the Boss undercarriage to its lowest setting, moving the bumper stop on the Boss V forward, decide on whether to use any ballast and then set the T-bars so I have 15.5-16.5 setting. The plow goes on and off now at 16.5 but only because the cutting edge is new.
    When I put the plow on from the garage the truck is not level so I'm thinking of storing the plow on some 1.5" boards.
  9. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

Definitely use ballast....makes a huge difference

that is one beautiful truck!!
  10. mossman381

Ballast is a good idea. I would put some weight back there. You could check your Z-height. I am not sure what the 11-up trucks are suppose to be but the 01-10 were suppose to have 4.5". I had to turn the t-bar bolts 4 turns on eash side on my 08 and my 02 to get the 4.5" Z-height. You could call the GM dealer to find out. This is how you measure your Z-height. Center of the lower control arm bolt to the bottom of where the lower ball joint sits. Use a level to get a straight line to the tape measure. In the pic the truck has a little over 4" Z-height.

11. f250man

f250man PlowSite Veteran

Nice looking combo.
  12. jklawn&Plow

13. mossman381

You have to measure your Z-height without the plow. And if you jack the truck up or just took off the plow you should take it for a short drive to settle the t-bars to get a accurate measurement. A GM manual probably has the spec in it.