1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Blazin, Mar 19, 2007.

1. Blazin

Blazin Senior Member

Just found this site surfing around the web. looks like a good place to swap ideas, stories etc. on plowing.
    Little about myself. I was born and raised in New Hampshire. I am a 73-87 Chevy truck freak. I am a self employed Auto body tech. Have been doing body work for almost 20 years. I do allot of handyman stuff too. Been plowing comercialy since 1990. Curently running a 79 Chevy K30 flat bed dump with 9' Fisher plow, and a TS17 Curtis spreader. Also in the process of rebuilding my 86 GMC K2500 with 8' Fisher plow. Some pics of it.
    Old cab still stripped and ready for removal.
    [​IMG]
    83 C10 cab ready to go on.
    [​IMG]
    Pianted and being reassambled.
    [​IMG]

One of the K30 earning its keep.

[​IMG]

Thanks for reading Harold.

2. AbsoluteH&L

AbsoluteH&L Senior Member

Very nice shop

3. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

I love the shop and the yellow paint! That is going to be one nice looking rig.

4. Blazin

Blazin Senior Member

Thanks but its not my shop VTR ( Vinnie's Truck Repair ). I am between shops at the moment due to my ex cheating on me. This is the second time around for the yellow machine. First time was a quicky slam job, it was red when I got it. Original was charcol gray, spray foam and fiberglass filler. Then slammed a gallon of yellow on it. I do allot of work for Vinnie. Its a heavy truck repair shop, but he gets allot of the touch up, sand blast / paint all the rims type jobs. Paint the dump body or plow truck type deals. Plus I am doing a 74 Duster over for him.
    Only rust on whole car, just floors no unibody rust.
    [​IMG]
    New floor ready for welding.
    [​IMG]
    Is it green enough for ya?
    [​IMG]
    Green Green Go!
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 20, 2007
  5. Blazin

Blazin Senior Member

One of my older jobs. 1972 Glassic, Model A replica.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    A job from last fall.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

You do some amazing work!

7. YardMedic

YardMedic PlowSite.com Addict

This is the kind of work you see when plow guys don't have much snow all winter! Excellent restorations -- a lot of time & work into each of them, I'm sure.

8. Blazin

Blazin Senior Member

Thank you. The Glassic's body was in pretty good shape for the age. The tractor was allot of work. First one I have done. Its a 1040 A His granfather passed and he bought it from his grandmother. Hence the In memory of on the side. He cheesed out on the grill though. I would have liked to had him by a new one. That one got bashed somewhere along the line and they cut the whole center out of it, and put screen back in it. The guy that owns it is looking at a Farmall H now he wants that one done if he buys it.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2007