1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

newbie ???

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by sleepyhead, Nov 15, 2004.

1. sleepyhead

sleepyhead Junior Member

I'm looking to start plowing some snow. I would like some opinions on the hiniker V plow. I'm considering purchasing one for our shoty season. It will be going on a 2001 2500 4x4 dodge truck w/cummins. Thanks
  2. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

I've never heard anything bad about Hiniker plows. Where is Burlington?
  3. intlco

intlco Senior Member

I had called the Hiniker Co office in MN to ask the reps about their plows, and here's what he said.
    He said that these plows are designed for residential use only, plowing at 5 mph only.
    I said that I was looking to use it commercially. He replied that these plows are not designed for commercial plowing and plowing at 15mph would cause damaged to the plows and he would not want to sell me something that will break.
    It seems that the sales rep for Hiniker don't want to sell plows if he knows their going to be used for commercial use.
    I'm gonna just look for a dealer with a fisher or western. They hold up good.
  4. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

That's weird. :confused: There are quite a few guys around here that have Hinikers and use them for commercial use.
  5. sleepyhead

sleepyhead Junior Member

That sounds wierd to. There are a few of them around in the area. Burlington, NC
  6. james731

james731 Member
    from ny

commercial vs residential

location location location someone plowing commercially in NC is probably plowing less and putting less wear and tear on the plow than someone who is plowing his own driveway in buffalo.

i dunno thats just my opinion
  7. intlco

intlco Senior Member

I'd rather have the rep be up front and honest then sell me something that's gonna break under our conditions. They don't want to sell blades in Wyo perhaps because our conditions are terrible, and most of our roads are in poor condition and are mud or gravel.
  8. QMVA

QMVA Senior Member

HE MUST BE NEW. :eek: I was plowing around 11" of snow at 15mph with no problem last year. It was even able to handle me pushing frozen snow back to make room for the new stuff. I say a HINIKER would be a great choice. :nod:
  9. cja1987

cja1987 PlowSite.com Addict

Hinikers are fine, i would suggest that the person you talked to was clueless. No V-Plow is made just for driveways, they are all ment to be used commerically. Fisher and Western are fine too.