1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by jasf, Nov 7, 2004.

1. jasf

jasf Member

I've been lurking for a few weeks,decided to jump on board after reading the "1st plow"posts. I'm not a professional,but I love to play in the snow!Got my start pushing snow in the NY lake effect belt at 2 car dealerships. First plow was a '82 K35 , big block , 9'blade with belt driven pump. The Ford dealer took this in on trade. I'm guessing the thing was homemade. The blade had a 2" thick rubber cutting edge & 10" aluminum foil on top. Could push anything up to the limit of the tires. Currently plowing at work with a 92 F250,8' western pro. I bought a plow for my GT before Western & Fisher came out with their L/D plows. My personal '03 Ranger would look good with a Homesteader hanging off the front. I do 2 residential drives drives on my GT. Sure would be nice to be warm while doing them.

2. Dwan

Dwan Senior Member

Welcome aboard.

3. cja1987

cja1987 PlowSite.com Addict

Welcome to Plowsite :waving:
    A better plow for your ranger would be a curtis 7' or western 7,2" or Blizzard 720. The homesteaders are OK but they are not nearly as well built as the above plows.

4. jasf

jasf Member

Will my Ranger take that much?

I'd love to have a"real" plow.Using real plows on the job I never thought about bear or sport plows for my Ranger. You suggest 7ft blade for a Ranger????Will the torsion bars take that?I've seen 150's & Expeditions at my dealer with broken bars .