1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by jeffery9076, Feb 18, 2016.

1. jeffery9076

jeffery9076 Junior Member

Hi jeff here,
    I have a 1999 f150 bad frame patched and welded needs plated. Just got a 2015 2500hd i have less than 4000 miles crew cab. Been to the shop 5 times for repairs !!!!!uggg

purchased 1000 western salt spreader with older variable speed $600 needs a vibratorator for bulk.

Plowed previous years with f600.
    This year plowed with friends 2500hd 7.6" poly plow 1000 western salt spreader
    I would like to purchase a plow I can mount to each truck use new truck only for emergency.
    The f150 has less than 140,000 miles and I have had the truck 7 years and is used for my lawncare biz.
    whats the biggest plow I can go that will work on each truck.
    If I can get a few more lawncare contracts I am thinking of a 3500 chevy truck and ditching the f150.
    You just hate getting rid of a truck you paid 6500 and lasted 7 years
    Body getting bad but so is mine and the old lady has not traded me in yet

I THINK

any help on bidding commercial jobs and homeowners homes

2. ktfbgb

ktfbgb Senior Member

That's a lot of different stuff kinda all over the place. If you might be getting a new 1 ton I would wait and not put a plow on the half ton. Get a HD plow and put it on the 3/4 ton and then once you get the 1 ton get a mount for that one. Otherwise you're going to buy a light duty plow and then wish you had a heavy duty. Your already in business so you should be able to figure out how to get new contracts.

3. JustJeff

JustJeff 2000 Club Member

I've gotta leave this one alone.

4. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

Hail "J" ...... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bxSgdVHWJoE

Having a plow that can go from truck to truck is common practice, however it's done with trucks that have equal or close to equal weight ratings.
    In your case having a '99 F-150 with frame issues will be prone to future breakage. Get a plow for the 2500, any plow that is spec'd oot for the F-150 would be a home owners plow and wouldn't hold up as well for commercial use. Plows spec's of for commercial use for the 2500 are too heavy for the F-150.
    If you have your sights set on getting a another 2500 or 3500 get a plow suited for the 2500 and commercial use.