1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by SudburyPlow, Oct 19, 2011.

1. SudburyPlow

SudburyPlow Junior Member

just wanted to introduce myself from Nothern Ontario. just retired and want to plow during the winter months. I have been looking over the site and it looks very informative Here's the 1992 Dodge ram 1500 I'm interested in 114,000 KM'S certified for $4,000
    plan to do residential driveways
    what do ya think
    Thanks
    Tim

53135a1_20.jpg

2. Lucfw

Lucfw Senior Member
    from Ontario

Hi Tim, truck looks awsome! might have a hard time backing up at night with the truck cap though... at least my buddy had troubble. other than that looks good.
    Welcome btw. i have always wanted to go up north! this summer hopefully!
    Lucas

3. SudburyPlow

thanks

thanks for the welcome ....ya I thought about removing the cap for the winter months
    I've been looking at driveways in my area and I noticed most will have to be back bladed (does this cause problems) then pushed on to front lawn....
    What about damage to lawns either by blade or tires is it the plowers responsibility to repair in the spring
    Thanks
    Tim

4. Lucfw

Lucfw Senior Member
    from Ontario

my dad had a cap and he took it off for the summer then put it back on for the winter to keep the snow out... but he does not plow with that truck. there is a company that makes backdragging blades for snow plows. most res's will need to be backdragged around the garage doors. i dont think it should cause any damage to the truck or plow... just dont let the snow build up or if it does take a coupple off trys at it. about the lawn damage i am not sure i dont handle that stuff. i think in the contracs says you have to let the home owner know within x hours or somthing like that... someone will chime in and let you know. so are you still looking at trucks or did you get that one? looks good anyway.

5. SudburyPlow

I haven't totally comitted to that truck as he will be selling first come first served....so i've you see anything in your neck of the woods give me a holla...Thumbs Up

6. randomb0b123

randomb0b123 PlowSite.com Addict
    from america

danggg that truck looks great for its age. very important check the front rain drip rail of the top of the cab for rust and the cab supports floors rockers

7. SudburyPlow

hey folks
    is this type of plow good for residential drive's Meyer polly board four way hydraulic snow plow on a 1993 4X4 V6 Ranger XLT
    Thanks
    Tim

8. Lucfw

Lucfw Senior Member
    from Ontario

Will do! i am actually looking for a truck to! only it will be my daily driver so no plow.... well i might put one on latter on. if i see any plow trucks ill let you knowThumbs Up