1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Newbie with plow problem

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by CharlieE, Jan 5, 2011.

1. CharlieE

CharlieE Junior Member

I have an F250 with a western plow on it. I have been plowing for 3 years now and have hit a problem I have never seen before. My plow will no longer tilt left or right but will go up and down just fine. Also when I try to tilt the plow left it raises the plow then after letting off the button for the left it falls back to the ground. This is when I start with the plow in the float position. Any thoughts on what it might be and how to fix it would be greatly appreciated.

2. BFBoss

BFBoss Member

You may have broke your hydraulic hose fitting, it may be low on fluid, or there may be air in the hoses.

3. hightop

hightop Member

S2 solenoid isn't shifting the cartridge valve, if you post this in the Western Plow discussion area you'll probably get more replys & help.