1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Newbie with pics

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by RickyGasser, Jan 26, 2007.

1. RickyGasser

RickyGasser Member

Hey guys, I'm a newbie who just found this site.
    Some background: 22 years old, cleaning snow on family farm for over ten years
    5 years ago, met my future wife who's brother does large contract snow removal and have been helping him ever since. He (my BIL) owns the '93, '06, and both MX tractors, my girlfriend owns the '01 and my dad owns the two New Hollands. I'll post more pics when I can but all I could find are these. They are from March 05 so don't get all jealous cause we've got snow up here. We've had 1 snowfall of 12 inches 2 weeks ago and not much since.

Alexandre 623.jpg

Alexandre 625.jpg

2. DBL

DBL PlowSite.com Addict

nice loader and white stuff

3. 4x4Farmer

4x4Farmer Senior Member

Hey, sounds like you plow with some nice equipment. Do you have any pictures of the mxu and the mx? We have a mxm 190 and 8930 magnum on the farm that we move snow with. Thats just on the farm though, otherwise we use the heavy equipment for all the commercial accounts in town.

4. RickyGasser

RickyGasser Member

tractors

The MX and MXU are used on comercial accounts and the 8870 is only used on the farm. i will get pics up soon. We had some snow yesterday but I forgot my camera so no pics yet. I've got one of the MX, but its not moving snow!:yow!:

DSC01203.jpg

DSC01205.jpg

5. Lawnscape89

Lawnscape89 Senior Member

Looks like you might need some more weight on the front end...;) That's crazy :rolleyes: Good thing you got the wheelie bar on the back...LOL.

6. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

Now that is cool!wesport

7. Antnee77

Antnee77 PlowSite.com Addict
    from RI

Holy sh!t! That can't be good for the front end once it comes crashing down! :eek: :salute:

8. Lawnscape89

I was thinking that too. A lot of weight there when it does come down.

Is that thing "chipped"?:D Looks like you already got the larger exhaust.:p

9. RickyGasser

RickyGasser Member

That exhaust is stock, the large pipe is simply a heat shield, I think the interior exhaust is onlt 4 inches. It's my brother in laws tractor and he's driving it. He can make it come down soft as a feather by simply slacking the fuel. The pump is opened for about 40 horses more.

10. Lawnscape89

I was joking about the exhaust, but thanks for explaining. I'm also glad that it's HIS tractor that he's using. I've only seen that done in a tractor pull, not a field...but that' pretty cool.:cool:

Great pics and thanks again.

11. 4x4Farmer

4x4Farmer Senior Member

I dont have any pics of our rigs off the ground like that! I'd be shtn a brick if anything I was doing and that happened, lol. Heres a few pics of our MXM. She works pretty well for blowing snow. I only have pics of her mowing though.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. Farm Boss

Farm Boss Senior Member

Maybe I will quit farming here an just ride wheelies in the field with you guys!!! Nice tractors though!

13. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

Now that right there was pretty cool. :drinkup: :drinkup:

14. 02DURAMAX

02DURAMAX PlowSite.com Addict

I love that wheelie!!!...Thats the first time i ever see that..very cool.

15. RickyGasser

RickyGasser Member

It was pretty easy to get it to wheelie, he's got a 40' land-leveler loaded with dirt so a simple pop of the clutch put it right in the air. Then all you have to do is ride it out,

4X4, he used to have a 190 before he got the 210 but it was a lemon from day 1. The first snow we had with it, the rear axle fell off!!! Tractor had less than 20 hours on it. He got the dealer to give him a new one but kept having trouble with it (mostly oil leaks from engine and tranny). Got fed up and traded it for the 210 and a 10 year 10,000 hour warrenty which has already come in handy because he's blown the PTO clutch a couple times already. It runs his big baler in the summer (he does custom baling) and his grain cart in the fall (he does custom combining). Even though my blood his blue, this has been a pretty decent tractor.

16. 4x4Farmer

4x4Farmer Senior Member

I hear ya on the 190. We have had alot of electrical problems with it. I think we have replace every sensor on the thing. And yes, we have had the leaks also. Right now its leaking coolent. I just wish they could get all this stuff fixed, casue its a nice litttle tractor, but where starting to get fed up.

17. RickyGasser

RickyGasser Member

We have a TM120 on the farm that is basically the same as your 190 only less HP. It leaks too and the way the mechanic explained it was for these tractors to meet emmission standards, they had to run hotter. What they didn't realize was the seals can't handle all of that heat so they leak. Oh well, it's got 6 more monts on warrenty.