1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Newbie with dumb questions.

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by nonsense, Jan 25, 2011.

1. nonsense

nonsense Junior Member

I know these will seem like dumb questions, but I have been taught that for the most part there are no dumb questions.

I just bought a new to me 9.2 power v RT3 smarthitch 2. The year on the plow is a 2005, my dad bought it and plowed his drive and farm drive for one season then switched to a snow box for the loader. I had the chance to pick it up this year for a decent price. I have always run Meyer/Diamond plows (have been plowing commercially for 10+ years) So far I love The Boss plow. The plow has always been dealer serviced, but I need to learn how to work on this thing for field issues! I can work on a meyer blind folded, maybe the reason I switched brands, but that's another discussion.

I'm going to service the pump this weekend, I did a fluid change before i ran the plow this season, but have been told about the internal screens. Would somone throw some step by step directions at me, from taking the cover off to opening the canister? Do i need new seals when i open the canister to clean the screens? I have about 30 half used seal kits from my meyer stuff, from opening pumps for different reasons.

Sorry for the long post I just want to learn the right way, I'm a hands on person.

Thanks,

2. no lead

no lead PlowSite.com Addict

unless your fluid is terribly contaminated it is unlikely the screens are clogged. 4 bolts hold the power unit in place. 2 on the back and 2 on the bottom. 4 bolts hold the oil can on. the oring should be reusable. the screen slides on a metal tube in the can. blow the screen off with air and reinstall. install can and bolt power unit back down. fill and run.

the cylinders should be empty but there will be oil in the hoses. no need to take the power unit all the way out of the enclosure either.

3. nonsense

nonsense Junior Member

Thanks for the tips, I'm going to dive into it Friday night. My HID's just came in today from ddm so I should have a couple projects to work on. thanks again.