1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Newbie with a couple of questions

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by glennemay, Dec 23, 2010.

1. glennemay

glennemay Member

Morning all and Happy Holidays with Happier snowfall. :)

Am just in the process of putting a plow on my truck. Looking to get some information. I picked up a used MM that has been completely re-built on the plow side. new pump, hoses, rams. Fresh paint, no rot.

Am putting it on a 2004 F350 drw 4x4 Crew Cab 8' V10.

I have all of the parts needed to do the install and am shopping around for someone to do the work for me sooner rather than later, as the white stuff is starting to fly finally. So first question is if anyone knows of someone in the central mass area that does this on the side? I need to have the wiring and push plates mounted.

Next questions are more operational type.

Plow locking? This is the older MM with none of the electronic locks on it. What is the best way to ensure that it is not stolen? Does anyone have the locking boxes I see advertised (http://sno-lock.com/The Lock.html) or is there a better way to do this.

Fish-Stick? Will this work with my MM plow? It came with the joystick control which I have no desire to mount inside my truck. I would rather have the hand held. Although anything is an improvement over my last plow (1985 Fisher original type with the massive knee buster in the cab)

Does anyone use the pro-tube's in the summer? Can you put lights on them? Can you power the lights through the plow harness?

OK.. Enough questions for this post. I am sure I will come up with some more.

Thanks in advance.

Glenn

2. camaro 77

camaro 77 Senior Member
    from ma

were about are you what town

3. glennemay

glennemay Member

I am in Shrewsbury.

4. glennemay

glennemay Member

Figured maybe there was either an out of work plow installer, or someone who wants to do this on the side and make some side $$$ for Christmas. but maybe help pay off the bills now. :) I'm not picky at this point when it goes on, but the sooner the better.

I live in Central Mass, Shrewsbury right next to Worcester.

I don't have a warm garage to work in.

Glenn

5. Morrissey snow removal

Morrissey snow removal PlowSite.com Addict

i would install that for u

6. glennemay

glennemay Member

Where are you located, and what would be the rate?

You can email me if you prefer.

glennemay at gmail dot com.

Thanks
    G

7. chevyzrule810

chevyzrule810 PlowSite.com Addict

As far as plow locking.What I find works best is to get a padlock and put it on the highest hole on the plow leg as you can.Then if someone goes to grab it the leg won't lift up and even if they do try to take it with the lock,its going to make alot of noise with the leg dragging on the ground.I've also heard of people drilling a hole in one of the pins and putting a padlock on it so it won't go into place on the pushplate.You still need the pushplates and wiring installed? Have you found a fishstik?

8. glennemay

glennemay Member

Thanks, those are great ideas for locking. Hadn't even thought of the jack holes. :)

Yes I still need the push plates and wiring installed. Looking for someone with experience that wants to do it on the side, as it was an unexpected purchase for me and well, I'm very nearly out of $$$ lol. :)

I bought a brand new harness, distro, etc for the truck. Push plates are used but in excellent condition. I do need to buy bolts though. So if anyone has the specs on what size they need, that would be great. I will pick them up.

G

9. glennemay

glennemay Member

And no, I have not found a fishstick yet. Thought maybe I would just temporarily stick the joystick on a paint stirrer and keep me from having to stick it to my dash.

10. chevyzrule810

chevyzrule810 PlowSite.com Addict

here is my e-mail mattf81085@yahoo.com I can do it sometime this week if you like.I do have a lift and a heated garage.

11. camaro 77

camaro 77 Senior Member
    from ma

the bolt will be a grade 5 but some will have a flat plate of steel welded to them to help install them inside the frame you may just want to hit the dealer and get them there I will see if my buddy ants to sell his fish stick he does not use it another option for you is to put the joy stick in your cup holder we may a piece for my friend truck for the cup holder works great he has bucket seats in his truck tho

12. glennemay

glennemay Member

I have a bench in mine. This is the most stripped down truck I have seen in 20 years. I was wondering where I would put my coffee with the cup holder tied up, but I can suffer on that one. Thats a great idea.

If he wants to sell the fish stick, let me know. I definitely am interested.

Flat running out of cash, but we'll scrape it together if the price is right.

G

13. glennemay

glennemay Member

Happy White Monday.