1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Newbie wiring questions....

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by rjkilgus, Nov 6, 2008.

1. rjkilgus

rjkilgus Junior Member

I have a 2003 Chevy 2500. I read somewhere on this site that I can not use a 2 plug setup on this year truck??

Do I have to get a 3 plug setup??

Also are all fisher minute mount 2-plug setups universal to all fisher 2-plugs??

Same with the three plugs, are they all universal to all fisher plows w/ 3 plugs?? MM1 and MM2??

Also what makes the plow wiring only for my truck?? Why wouldn't the wiring work from like an F-250 or something....

Thank you...

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

The older two plug? You can still use the older style 2 plug relay system on your truck. The kit was available for '03 up GM's.

There is actually two different "two plug" configurations. One would be the old style relay system as I suspect your inquiring about. And the newest two plug like the Xtreme V's and such use.

Generally yes. But the straights and vee's use a different harness. You can run a straight with a vee harness but not vise versa.

Its the headlight plug in harness's (on a relay system) and the Isolation module (in an Isolation module style system) that makes the truck side wiring "truck specific".

The battery and control harness's aren't truck specific.

3. rjkilgus

rjkilgus Junior Member

thanks. That is very helpful