1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Newbie Western Mount Question

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by ajd3rd, Aug 2, 2009.

1. ajd3rd

ajd3rd Junior Member

Could someone tell me if the picture below is a unimount? I purchased this old 1997 F150 truck and would like to add a plow. The truck has the mount and joy stick controller so I thought I would look for a plow that can use the existing mount.

Many thanks!

2. Brant'sLawnCare

Brant'sLawnCare PlowSite.com Addict

No, that's not a unimount. Your missing a few parts that a Unimount has. And it's not lined up like one. I might be able to take a pic of my mount in a few days and post it on here for you.
  3. ajd3rd

ajd3rd Junior Member

Many thanks for the reply. Any idea what type of mount it is? It has a Western name plate on it but nothing else.

4. Gear_Head

Gear_Head Senior Member
    from IL

It is a uni-mount, just missing the little bars that hang from the top two brackets.

Why do you think it is not a Uni-mount set up?
  5. Western1

Western1 Senior Member
    from MI.

Yes it is a unimount bracket.
  6. ajd3rd

ajd3rd Junior Member

Many thanks for the replies. I'll check the unimount parts drawings to see if I can figure out what's missing. The next step is to try to find a plow to fit it in Orange County, New York. I'm just going to be using it to plow my driveway..

Any ideas on the cost and source for a plow in my area would be greatly appreciated or any advice on a different plow set up for limited use.

7. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

The only things you're missing on the mount are the link arms and the pins that attach them.

Link arms: Western p/n: 63497 (2 required)
    Attaching pins p/n : 63354 (a pair of 3/4" grade 5 bolts will do the same job)
  8. ajd3rd

ajd3rd Junior Member

Thanks for the reply. I'll check out the parts and thanks for the tip on the bolts.

9. Brant'sLawnCare

Brant'sLawnCare PlowSite.com Addict

I'm sorry. That was embarrassing. lol Well I thought that the mount was lined up a little differently. But I guess not. I have a decent excuse, haven't seen a Unimount for about 4 or 5 months now ;)
  10. ewa.adam

ewa.adam Junior Member
    from yes

wanted unimount mount kit bracket harnes 2001 ford f 350