1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Newbie to snow removal

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by MADPlowing, Sep 29, 2014.

1. MADPlowing

MADPlowing Junior Member
    from hammond

Hello, my name is Nico and I am a newbie to snow removal industry. I have 2 trucks, Ford 250 and a Ram 1500. I still need a plow for my Ram. I am thinking about going with a BOSS 7'6 standard plow. Any suggestions?

2. gc3

gc3 Senior Member

Depends what your plowing and how much snow you get

3. MADPlowing

MADPlowing Junior Member
    from hammond

4. gc3

gc3 Senior Member

How big are the commercial lots?

5. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

8 foot I would say

6. MADPlowing

MADPlowing Junior Member
    from hammond

I don't have the exact sqft at this moment. I will have that within the week. Just wanted to get a ball park figure.

7. MADPlowing

MADPlowing Junior Member
    from hammond

8" for my 1500? I went to Lots of Fun in Schererville, IN and they said that the 7'6 would be the best for my truck

8. MADPlowing

MADPlowing Junior Member
    from hammond

Last year was an extreme amount of snow. I am hoping for the same this year.

9. MADPlowing

MADPlowing Junior Member
    from hammond

They are small lots. Lawyer's offices.

10. dieselss

Ok, so then why are you.asking for opinions? Go with what lot o fun said

11. MADPlowing

MADPlowing Junior Member
    from hammond

Maybe someone with a 1500 knows of a better plow. A salesman will always try to sell you anything. I always research everything I do. I came across this site and thought I'd give it a try.

12. dieselss

Then see how big a plow you can put on your 1500 then make your own decision.

13. MADPlowing

MADPlowing Junior Member
    from hammond

I have been researching plows for my 1500 and they all seem to recommend the 7'6. I'm pretty much set on that size. Just don't have a clue on the bidding process. I used to have a older ram with a small plow and only did drive ways. The question now is how much should I charge for commercial? Is there a formula for charging? Sqft x gas x insurance x employee =