1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Newbie to plowing suggestions on plow

Discussion in 'ATV / UTV Snow Removal' started by chairpa, Jun 28, 2011.

1. chairpa

chairpa Junior Member

I have a 07 suzuki vinson with a winch
    Questions;
    What kind (looking at eagle gen ll plows) Thoughts please
    what size plow
    what type (dozer or state plow)
    Any other suggestion

2. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

How many CC is it? If it's over 400cc go with a 60" plow. I have a regular blade but, I wish I had a high way type plow.

3. chairpa

chairpa Junior Member

plow

The machine is 500cc 4x4

4. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

You should definatly go with a 60" plow. Don't eaven consider any thing smaller.

5. My07Brute

My07Brute Senior Member

Long straight drive way = State style.

Smaller drive way where you need to do allot of straight plowing = regular blade.

6. 450foreman04

450foreman04 Junior Member

Eagle II

I bought a 54" straight blade Eagle Gen II last year for my Honda Foreman 450. I love it. Easy on- easy off. Can raise it high enough to load with the plow on. I debated between the 54" and the 60" but went with the 54". There were a couple of times that I couldnt push any more. This was DEEP HEAVY WET snow. Normally, I had no problems.

7. jim331656

jim331656 Member
    from NJ

It depends what you want to do. I have a sidewalk to do so a 60 inch plow was too big. And to be honest I can knock out a driveway that is 2 cars wide with my 50 inch plow in no time at all. I'd rather have the maneuverability and make one or 2 extra passes the be pigeon holed with a bigger plow imho. And I went Moose belly mount. You need to read about the belly mount vs front mounts and make you decision. To me the belly mount was the only way to go.

8. atvsnowplower

atvsnowplower Junior Member

I have had a 50" Moose Straight Blade for eight years. It works well for sidewalks and driveways. You really need to consider what you will be plowing when deciding on the width of the blade. After seeing other plows my buddies have, I wouldn't buy anything else besides Moose plow. The thickness of metal used for the blade and the construction of other mechanisms doesn't compare when looking at Cycle Country or Polaris bland blades.

I just recently this fall tore my plow apart and repainted the entire thing. It looks brand new!