1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Newbie Time help

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by tils23471, Oct 31, 2012.

1. tils23471

tils23471 Junior Member

This will be my second year plowing here in SW Michigan. Last year was not very good and by the time I got my equipment it was too late in the season. This year I have a couple good opportunities and was looking for some help with length of time to clear this particular lot. I have researched and think it would be best for me to go with an hourly rate. The details are below;

1. Trigger - 2"
    2. Lot only, no sidewalks
    3. 8' Meyer blade
    3. From the arrows right

2. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

What is the lot size?
  3. unhcp

unhcp PlowSite.com Addict

That looks like a lot of tar for just a 8 foot straight blade
  4. peteo1

peteo1 PlowSite.com Addict

Agreed^^^^^^^^you may want to try to get some help for that lot. It's going to take a while with an 8' plow even at 2".
  5. Plowtoy

Plowtoy Senior Member

I agree with the others. A loader with a box on the front would be a better choice. You might be able to get away with adding a set of wings to the Meyer, but if its an E-60, the pump base seal won't like it. With wings and only a 2 inch snowfall, I would say at least 3 hours. You guys shouldn't have too much issue with lake effect, so as long as your on top of the game, 2 inches should be reasonable