1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Newbie sticky post?

Discussion in 'Questions, Rules, Suggestions' started by ratlover, Nov 17, 2004.

1. ratlover

ratlover PlowSite.com Addict
    from IL

Any way we could make a sticky post for all the new guys thinking of starting to plow? General stuff that to do it proper its best to have insurance and some general stuff on that. What customers gennerally expect(ie, most arnt willing to wait till you get off wrok and such, most want you available all the time) basics on equipment set up for different types of accounts. The general differences between plowing for resi and commercial. Basic brands of plows and such. Maybe some gerneral terms. When you should bid and have your accounts set up. Differnces in plow types, and the big one and the hardest to explain is some general ideas on bidding. The differences between subbing for somebody and being your own biz and the pluses and minuses of each? All that info is here somewere but its hard to find especially for a newbie and its pretty scattered. I dont know about anybody else but I'm getting tired of telling new guys, you should have insc ect and I know its not ther fault. Maybe a newbie forum? Might save the verterans some time, just a thought.....

Wacha think? :confused:

Edit: and while I'm complaining ;) what about being able to have more smilies and a longer editing time? I type slow :eek:

2. ratlover

ratlover PlowSite.com Addict
    from IL

and maybe the mystery of plow shoes and the fisher trip edge......

3. Flipper

Flipper PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

There pnce was a FAQ on the site. A former member created it. Not sure what happened to the FAQ.

4. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

If I remember right, the FAQ site was deleted for "some unknown" reason. Yes, I think that's a good idea. Just be aware that it would drastically cut down on the traffic. Also, that when new people ask what is basically the same question, but posed just slightly differently, it leads to totally different responses. The most famous (or infamous) saying is "it depends".

5. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

We're all here to learn and help. Let the questions be asked.