1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Newbie seeking advice on Jeep plows

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by Jeep Lover, Nov 13, 2005.

1. Jeep Lover

Jeep Lover Junior Member

I am a new member to this site and have some questions on setting up a small plowing business in my area. I presently own a 1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee and wanted to start plowing this year with my pride and joy. But I have searched around for different plows for my vehicle and most of the major plow companies don't make a plow for my specific vehicle and this concerns me. Do they not make plows for this vehicle because it is not made for plowing? They only company that I have found that makes a universal plow for pretty much any mid-size SUV is "Snow Bear". I have read up on the reviews for Snow Bear on this website and it sounds like the Snow Bear doesn't have great success from plowing experts. Is there anyone out there with a Jeep like mine plowing or do I need to put this truck to rest? Keep in mind that I have 2 Jeep Grand Cherokees (a '98 and '01) and use them every day for commuting purposes. Please help this newbie become an expert in the plowing industry.
  2. Seamus

Seamus Member

When I first found this site I remember reading a discussion about this. I think everyone said it was a bad idea. Hopefully someone who has been a member longer than me can expand on that or help you find that thread. Good luck.
  3. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine