1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Newbie seeking advice & info

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by duncanmac, Dec 13, 2008.

1. duncanmac

duncanmac Junior Member

Hello everyone,
    The company I work for has a 96 F150 XLT with an older Lobo V-Plow attached. I do the plowing for the company (and my apartment,I get $ off my rent) along with the bosses house and a property he has that is up for sale. I started plowing last year and have had problems with the plow that I think is mainly from lack of maintenance (hoses breaking, lost a pin for attaching to the truck, lost a wheel on the truck,that was fun!!!!!). Can anyone point me in the direction to get manuals for this plow for the proper preventative maintenance so I stop breaking down at 4AM?
    Thanks for any and all help in advance. I am going to try and attach pictures.

Plow 001.jpg

Plow 002.jpg

Plow 003.jpg

Plow 004.jpg

Plow 005.jpg
  2. duncanmac

duncanmac Junior Member

2 more pics to add

Plow 006.jpg

Plow 007.jpg
  3. theplowmeister

theplowmeister 2000 Club Member
    from MA

4. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

5. duncanmac

duncanmac Junior Member

Basher, Thanks for the links to the manuals. They should help me stay on the road.
  6. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

That's wayyy too much plow for a 1/2 ton.
    Great plow tho
    Proper maintenence is the key to a long plow life.
    Carry a few extra parts and fluid with you.
  7. duncanmac

duncanmac Junior Member

Thats what my boss says.He will be looking for a larger truck for next year, but at the moment it is all we have to use.
    No snow tonight, rained all day and the temp is supposed to drop from 35 to single digits tonight so tomorrow is going to be all ice. Oh well, we just have to deal with it.
  8. Supper Grassy

Supper Grassy Senior Member

Do you keep spare hoses and pins with you so you can fix things when they break? or do you have to make something work untill you can get the parts?
  9. duncanmac

duncanmac Junior Member

Up until now, I have just had a cell phone to call in a backup plow to finish up when I broke down.:cry: Now I am going to put together an emergency kit (fluid,pins tools etc) and keep it in the truck while plowing along with the manuals Basher linked me to so hopefully I can make a fix or emergency repair to finish the job and then go to the mechanic.