1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Newbie questions

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by daredevil1, Mar 10, 2008.

1. daredevil1

daredevil1 Member

Someone is selling a used ST. I asked if it came with the power pack and they said it comes with the hydraulics. Do you think it comes with everything I would need? The power pack includes hydraulics, a-frame, swing frame, lights, light brackets, EIS light harness. Light frame/harness I'm not worried about...I can see the A-frame in the pic...but what's a swing frame? Also it comes with a wireless remote...would I need a joystick too? Thanks in advance!

http://burlington.craigslist.org/car/587796957.html

2. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

It looks like the complete plow is there other than the light kit. The ST series does not use the EIS lighting system. The swing frame is where the blade attaches too and allows for plow angling.

If it comes with a wireless remote you do not need a joystick.

3. nbenallo33

nbenallo33 Senior Member

the swing frame attaches to the blade itself and the a frame attaches to that.. if some one is selling it they might not know what a power pack is if they say it comes with hydraulics then that is basically a power pack a power pack is the pump a frame swing frame and light bar i dont think he would be selling the plow with out the pump unit but you never know...

4. nbenallo33

nbenallo33 Senior Member

oh i didnt see the link yes it looks like it has everything but the lights but with the clear blade you wouldnt need light but you can add them later if you like

5. daredevil1

daredevil1 Member

Nice. Good to know, thanks!

6. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

As long as you have the same truck then it looks like a good deal. A new mount will run around $500.

7. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Good price for a late model plow.

Checking the serial number with SW would tell you when it was sold. I think they can do that.

Even if you paid some to install a mount you had to buy this is a good real for a quality plow.

It has no lights but they aren't necessary or hard to come buy. I have a couple of sets of used light kit black iron around so I know you can get them for $100 plus freight;) the you can add what ever lights you want.

Want vehicle do you want to install this on?