1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Newbie Questions..

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by Hank, Jan 8, 2008.

1. Hank

Hank Junior Member
    from MA

Hi all,
    First time here. Great site. I have a 97 Chevy K1500 ext cab. I just bought my first plow. It's a Fisher 7.6 ft blade MM1 2 plug setup. I bought a set of push plates off e-bay.
    The only question I have is what do I need for the wiring hook up...:dizzy: lights, controls, isolation module? etc. I have a joystck control that came with the plow. Or does anyone have a harness for sale?? I called my local fisher dealer $493.00 yikes ouch...:(
    Any help greatly appreciated!

Thanks!!

Hank

2. tom_mccauley

tom_mccauley Senior Member

Check used equip. thread, should be able to pick up harness for arround $200-$250 range

3. streetfrog

streetfrog Senior Member

Also make sure that the push plates have a tab w/ hole on the side also. You should have 2 bolts on the bottom and 1 on the side. the 2 go up thru the frame and the 1 on the side goes thru the side of the truck frame. If it doesn't then you need to weld one on as if you don't then the plow frame will pull down thru your truck frame.

4. saber7

saber7 Junior Member

I have a isolation module and long and short light harness's, Iso is yellow label pn 26135 and harness pn 26360&26361.
    PM me if you need them and I will give you a price.Saber

5. Hank

Hank Junior Member
    from MA

Thanks guys for the replys. Streetfrog thanks for the tip hopefully when I recieve the plates they will have the side tabs. I read your post already about what had happened to yours that really sucks. At least it was a repairable fix never enjoyable especially in the winter time.

One other question is the plow I just got has a little rust on the upper top corners of the plow. The power coat really is crap. The affected areas are about a 4X10 inch area on both sides. What's the best way to fix this? Cut it out weld in a new piece? Or just clean it up nice and put a plow sheild over it??

Thanks again!

Hank

6. tom_mccauley

As long as there are no rust through spots, clean it with a wire wheel,and re-paint should look new again!.

7. Hank

Hank Junior Member
    from MA

Thanks Tom. yeah unfortunately it is rusted through....Looking for the best way to repair those sections.

Hank

8. tom_mccauley

Bust out the MIG and Fill away with 14 ga sheet metal

9. Hank

Hank Junior Member
    from MA

Saber7

Looks like since I am so new to the board that I can't PM you.
    My e-mail is kihcsina@msn.com
    I am interested.

Thanks

10. tom_mccauley

You have to have 10 posts in order to PM

11. saabman

saabman Member
    from Maine

I have a 7.5 RD MMII on my 97 Chevy 1500 Ext Cab. I did the install myself, so I am pretty familiar with all the wrinkles.

12. saber7

saber7 Junior Member

Hank
    I'll send you a e-mail when I get home from work.
    Where in Mass are you so I can figure shipping?

ps 6 more posts then you can pm...

13. Hank

Hank Junior Member
    from MA

Woohooo!! 5 more to go now! :p Thanks!! I live in Westfield, MA 01085

14. Hank

Hank Junior Member
    from MA

I might take you up on that offer I sure will need it.:drinkup: As soon as I get the harness. :D
    Thanks!

15. saber7

saber7 Junior Member

Hank
    How does 225.00 sound and I'll pay shipping overnight UPS as soon as I get a certified check?

16. Hank

Hank Junior Member
    from MA

I know it's a good deal but....I could live without the overnite ship...maybe proirity USPS? I need to be in the 175 range total. Sorry in advance.:eek::( Jus a little strapped for cash rite now with the unknown $$$ involed with the install of the plow. (missing nuts, bolts, grease, oil, etc etc..) The previous owner "says" the plow worked fine but if you heard that line before you know what I mean I just hope it works.:confused:

17. FordFisherman

FordFisherman PlowSite.com Addict
    from 06611

Hank- 225 is a good deal; my buddy just paid 260. Just my .02. Good Luck:drinkup:

18. saber7

saber7 Junior Member

Hank-I'll send it ground for 200.00 to help you out. I can;t go lower as I have to pay for my new harness's and iso...

19. saabman

saabman Member
    from Maine

Hank, I installed a new RD on my 97 1500 this Fall and it is not all that daunting (although it is a bit time consuming -- or was for me as I am a bit anal when it comes to installing wire harnesses and the like). The only special tool I used was my portable engine crane to move the blade and head gear around during initial assembly. The Fisher manuals are all available as pdf and free to download. I installed a second battery at the same time. On the 1500 the tool box on the drivers side can be removed and a OEM battery tray installed.

You either need to remove the plastic sub bumper of slot it. MMII require more generous notching than MMI on these older trucks. I like the look of the rubber sub bumper so I notched it to provide plenty of docking clearance (a feature of MMII is the more generous push plate alignment allowance -- this is what needs more clears on the valance). I did the notching of the valance off the truck as it makes it easier to do a clean and straight job (another area I am bit anal about)

Installing yourself will give you a leg up on understanding the working of your plow. This helps down the road if something goes wrong.

Chris

20. saber7

saber7 Junior Member

hello hank