1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Newbie Questions

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by bigjoedo, Jul 18, 2007.

1. bigjoedo

bigjoedo Junior Member
    from Ohio

Hello Folks,

We bought a house with a 300 ft. double wide concrete driveway. I would like to add a personal snow plow to my 2003 Dodge Dakota Quad cab. It has Automatic transmission with trans cooler, 4.7L V-8.

At our previous house, I used a little 2 cycle toro snow blower. With this bigger driveway I thought a small plow would help. I have read up on the Snow Bear SB 200. I only plan on doing our driveway and my mother's very small concrete driveway. I will have to back drag her driveway because of a carport.

I am looking for recommendations for my situation. I do not plan on plowing as a business. Do I need skid shoes ? Thanks for the help.:)

2. Quality SR

Quality SR PlowSite.com Addict

Welcome to plowsite. :waving:
    I would go with a Western or Fisher homeowner plow (the link for Fisher and Western is at the top of this website. I am not familiar with snow bear, i don't think you can angle them. These homeowner plows you can angle from inside the truck, and they are easy to come on and off. You only need the plow shoes if it is gravel or dirt driveway, to prevent you from pushing the gravel with the snow. I don't know how well the homeowner plows backdrag, they are light plows. Check out the links up top you can get alot more info there. I hope this helps. Rich
  3. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping PlowSite.com Addict

The snowbear plow is electric winch up and down and manual angle left to right. I agree with Quality, look into a smaller western or Fisher unit. They will be easier to use, easier to attach and de-tach and should the time come, have some decent market and re-sale value.