1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Newbie questions!! :)

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by liquidsnowmelt, Feb 6, 2014.

1. liquidsnowmelt

liquidsnowmelt Junior Member

Hi, My name is Gina and I am new to the liquid industry.
    We have a product that is used for anti-icing/deicing. We just sell the liquid but now are trying to figure out how to spray and what the correct way to spray is.

1. How do you figure out how to get GPM on a parking lot or roadway.
    2. When deicing, how many gallons do we use?
    3. How fast do you go?

Please just give me any information that I will have great results. We are very new to liquids on the east coast! xysportxysportxysportxysport

2. ihscoutlover

ihscoutlover Junior Member

Gina, I spray chemical for the railroad that we calculate based on speed and psi. The psi is usually around 60-80, speed is usually around 15mph but that is on railroad rails. It's figured for gallons per acre. So you would need to figure what your acreage is so you can then plug in your other numbers. Spray pattern is approximately 24-35' depending on boom size, and nozzle size. Some mixtures won't spray through some nozzles. Let me know if you need further information.

Jeff

3. liquidsnowmelt

liquidsnowmelt Junior Member

45 gallons per lane mile for pretreating and 55 for deicing ... Thank you for your response!