1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Newbie Question

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by hilltopgrounds, Oct 9, 2005.

1. hilltopgrounds

hilltopgrounds Junior Member

I just bought a used 1999 F250 w/ 158,000 miles. It is a diseal. I was wondering if you guys think it is worth me putting a plow on it since it has so many miles on it. I live in Northern Virginia and we do not really get much snow here, a few storms a year. Also if I decide to what is the best plow for cost effectiveness/quality? Thanks
    -Ryan

2. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

If it's running good now, it should be fine with any 8' plow. There are several good plow brands out there. You might start by looking into the brands that are sponsors here. Their logos are on the top of this page. The cardinal rule is "You get what you pay for".

3. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

158,000 miles really is'nt that many miles for a diesel.

4. TRUE TURF LAWN

TRUE TURF LAWN Senior Member

if you put a plow on it, its not going to hurt the truck if your just doing your driveway. pluse diesel are mad for work they last a lot longer than gas.

5. RYDER

RYDER Senior Member

If it runs good it would be.