1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Newbie Question - Timbrens?

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by DOD, Dec 8, 2003.

1. DOD

DOD Junior Member

Hello,

New to this site and looking for info on putting a plow on a 2001 1500 Z71. I see references to "Timbrens". What are they? etc. It looks like they assist in carrying the extra weight but I would like more info.

2. Gadget

Gadget Junior Member

3. NYplowboy

NYplowboy Member

I have a 2000 GMC Z71 1500 ext cab, with a Fisher RD MM2. I had Timbrens installed with the plow, they dont let the front end drop or sag, and it DOES NOT affect the ride or handling with the plow off. those of us that plow with half tons need all the help we can get!. this last storm we had in NY was a chance for me to see how the whole set up worked. Its performance was outstanding!
    Good luck.

4. easthavenplower

easthavenplower Senior Member

you can do it yourself its simple they take the place of your bump stops.takes 15 min per side just pry out the bump stops and put in the timbrens and yes it affects the ride a little just a little stiffer thats all.i have a chevy 1500 reg cab year 2000 meyers plow in fact look under the post in snow plowing discussion ne boys plowing post pics here...thats me and my red chevy

5. ghostrunner

ghostrunner Member
    from PA

timbrens

I even put the little rubber 156 dollar donuts on the front end of my 3500. The timbrens replace the stock rubber "stops" that are mounted in the front suspension.
    I got mine at www.offroadwharehouse.com

6. Big Nate's Plowing

Big Nate's Plowing PlowSite.com Addict

the pic shows a timbren, I have them available for $149.95 with free shipping until the first

gmctimbren.jpg

7. Big Nate's Plowing

Big Nate's Plowing PlowSite.com Addict

and this is how they are mounted, it is basically a hollow bumpstop that has some play in it

gmccast timbren.jpg

8. computerguy

computerguy Member

My 2c

I have a 99 F150 Snoway MT 7.5. I added the Timbrens when I installed the plow. Definitely worth the investment. :p With the plow up it barely sags. I wanted to comment though, when I take the plow off it definitely has a stiffer ride. i called the dealer I bought it from and he said I could have just tweaked the torsion bars up a bit. Anyone else try the torsion bar route? now if we can only get some snow:drinkup:

9. ksland

ksland Senior Member
    from ma

Here is some on my 87 F-250

dsc01296.jpg