1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Newbie Question - SNO WAY

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by drive1, Feb 6, 2010.

1. drive1

drive1 Junior Member
    from NY

Hello All,

I am looking at a used sno-way 6'8" for a toyota tacoma. I am new to sno-way but from the looks of it, the plow has the hold 3 pin connection and down pressure system. The owner is selling the plow and sub frame connection. The clear blade does have a crack in it, which the owner bolted a plate to the back to prevent further cracking.

Are the old 3 pin connections from sno-way good plows, whats the advantage of the new system?

How much is a new blade skin?

What should a used set-up like this go for?

2. vamootsman

vamootsman Senior Member

I assume you are looking at an ST. I love mine, and the MT. Both are 3 pin mount. Look up Basher and Son on the web and call them for a price on the skin. Don't know what you should pay for it without more info.
  3. vamootsman

vamootsman Senior Member

Left a response in my profile
  4. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Welcome to the site.
    The older Sno-Way are great plows.
    Check Ebay for a skin. ( i got mine there for less then 1/2 price of factory)
    Depending condition I would say around $1500 but it will be worth less in a few months.
    As long as the mount fits your truck it will be ok...New monuts are spendy
  5. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

and can be hard to find. If they are not available you would haver to convert it to the new style.

While lexans can be had other places besides Snoway dealers be sure to get the right stuff, all Lexan is not created equal. different formulas have different UV and temperature ratings.