1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Newbie Question Lights Out On K1500

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Scott W, Jan 27, 2004.

1. Scott W

Scott W Junior Member

HI EVERYONE I'M HOPING TO GET SOME HELP!
    WAS OUT PLOWING LAST NIGHT AND YESTERDAY, WHEN I LEFT
    THE LIGHTS ON MY TRUCK WERE FINE BUT DURING THE DAY I
    NOTICED THE PLOW HEADLIGHTS WERE OUT AND THE TRUCK
    HEADLIGHTS WERE ON. I CHECKED THE SWITCH FOR THE LIGHTS
    AND IT WAS STILL ON FOR THE PLOW. I NOTICED LATER THAT
    THE PARKING LIGHTS, TAIL LIGHTS AND DASH LIGHTS WERE ALL
    OUT. NOW WHEN I TURN THE LIGHTS ON THE HEAD LIGHTS FOR THE TRUCK COME ON BUT I HAVE NO PLOW HEAD LIGHTS, NO
    PARKING LIGHTS ON THE TRUCK OR THE PLOW, NO TAIL LIGHTS
    ON THE TRUCK AND NO DASH LIGHTS. I CHECKED THE OBVIOUS THINGS FUSES, RELAY FOR PLOW LIGHTS AND PLOW LIGHT/TRUCK
    LIGHT SWITCH AND THEY ALL SEEM TO BE FINE. I AM GUESSING
    THAT THE PROBLEM IS WITH THE TRUCK.
    ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED. THANKS ALOT!
    88 CHEVY 1500 SILVERADO
    BLIZZARD 8 FT STRAIGHT BLADE

2. 68bullit

68bullit Member

does this truck have the daytime avoidance light system?this means the the headlights are on very low in the daytime and theres a photoeye that tells them its getting dark turn on to full power.

if so it sounds like the DALS module has failed and i believe if you can find the module and unplug it the lights should return to normal

3. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

The 88's didnt have DRL's,. Check the truck headlight switch, the marker lights are on a different leg of the switch than the headlights. Be careful when you take the switch out of the bracket that holds the headlight switch and the dimmer switch. The darn things are so brittle by now that i always end up breaking the darn thing.

4. Scott W

Scott W Junior Member

Thanks guys for replying. It was the headlight switch in the truck.
    I replaced it and of course cracked the dash around the screws, but at least I have lights at this point.
    Thanks again!

5. Robhollar

Robhollar Senior Member

The broken dash isnt to hard to fix. Somebody before i got my truck fixed mine by runing screws through the dash. They could have made a better choice of screws, buy hey it works for me....Rob

truck5.jpg

6. 68bullit

68bullit Member

your right about the daytime running lights didnt start until 90 sorry

7. ClintSinger

ClintSinger Junior Member

I'm so happy to find someone else that uses the same type screws for a dash repair, I thought I was the only one on the face of this planet that did that...

8. Robhollar

Robhollar Senior Member

It was cheaper then buying a whole new dash trim...Rob