1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Newbie question about snow blade on a F150??

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by bruno1999, Mar 19, 2010.

1. bruno1999

bruno1999 Junior Member

Hi All,

I was wondering if you can put a snow blade on a 1993 1/2 ton V8 F150 with a 302 engine auto trans. Would it work to just do a home gravel driveway?

If so, what brand/model/size of blade would be easiest to mount to a '93 F150?

Thanks for your input

2. fordmstng66

fordmstng66 Senior Member

I ran a western unimount on a 95 F150 with no problems, but you will want to upgrade the fron springs to help hold the weight. I was plowing commercial lots with no problems.

3. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Look in the door for the vehicle gross FRONT axle weight rating. That will give a better Idea of what types of blade you should carry, F150 front ends are all across the board when it comes to FAWR.

Used would be a good way to go for light private use, but beware of buying an obsolete mounting system, unless it is very inexpensive. If the factory is no longer make mounts in that style for the new trucks you will have issues later when you upgrade to a newer truck.

Welcome to Plowsite:waving:

4. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Welcome to the site.
    Try and find a used Sno-Way....I run them on F-150's with no problems at all.