1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

newbie plow help??????

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by jsc824, Oct 2, 2010.

1. jsc824

jsc824 Member
    from N.H.

I have an opportunity to purchase a Boss 7.6 super-duty plow. It appears to be in great shape but it is unknown if the hydraulics work. I am told, no rot on mold board, and it comes with complete truckside kit also.

Here are my questions.

1.) Is there a way to test the hydraulics without the truck being wired up?
    2.) Is 1500 a fair price for complete plow, which is push plates, wiring harness, controller and plow?
    3.) Is this too heavy a plow for a 97 k1500 regular cab? (I checked the boss web site and I think its compatible, but looking for the expert advice here)

Any help would be much appreciated.
  2. chitown sparky

chitown sparky Senior Member

i had one on my 2001 1500 and it was fine it was one for 3 seasons and didn't even sag.hope that helps

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

1 If you know someone with a boss on their truck givem a call.
    2 Yes it is. Post some pics and those of us that have been around these plows for a while will know for sure. But from what it sounds like yes.
    3 No that plow is not to heavy. I have had 2 different half ton reg. cab short boxs before. and have never have a problem before with a boss on them. Heck some guys will beaf the front ends up and run 8 footers on them.