1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Newbie plow fit question/not sure where to post

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by PinkyRingz, Nov 26, 2008.

1. PinkyRingz

PinkyRingz Member

I just bought a Western 7.5' plow for little more then song and I want to mount it on my 2002 GMC 3500 Dually. Problem is the plow is off an 80's Chevy truck. Old plow + newer truck = a gazillion dollars and countless hours of fabrication to make it fit or what?

Just wondering what I should be on the lookout for when trying to adapt this plow to fit this truck for proper fit and operation.

I am aware that I will probably be running the outside dually tire in the snow but I plan on getting some plow wing extensions if i can get it mounted.

I have my families two business and five family driveways to plow. I am sure this plow is "too light" for the truck but i plan on going nice and easy. I'm in no hurry (these arent paying customers!! lol)

Any advice recommendations or websites that can help me? Thanks in advance for your help!

2. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

get plow wings and have a lot of time to hook her up...

3. theplowmeister

theplowmeister 2000 Club Member
    from MA

I'd go to a western dealer and see if that plow will mount to a western truck side plow mount.
    I don't know if western blade and mounts are interchangeable try the western thread below.