1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Newbie ? On bidding sidewalks

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by 1fast432, Sep 10, 2009.

1. 1fast432

1fast432 Member

Lookin at bidding a 300 house sub on 4 seperate streets. Only have to bid the sidewalks,standard width with no salt with a 2' trigger.I'm going to use a quad with a plow blade.Will bill monthly.Is the best way to charge by the ft and figure out how many feet of sidewalk there is? With a 2' trigger and a big snow fall you could be plowing over and over again,are you trying to bill for the amount of times you plow or going with an average so the customers bill is the same every month. Probably have to ask customer on that one, how he wants it billed. Besides gas and insurance are ther any other variables I'm missing? THANKS MICHIGAN NEWBIE
  2. studebaker48

studebaker48 Member

Well I would first Get a M52 bobcat or a Small skid loader. Quads arent very useful if you get 6+ inches in a few hour period. Or you get ice snow ice the quad would have a tough time breaking threw that. I would charge hourly charge anywhere from 40-45 a man hour then divide it up per house. Hourly rates are different everywhere so find out what contractors are charing in your area.