1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Newbie.........No Power!!

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by captainmark, Dec 31, 2009.

1. captainmark

captainmark Junior Member

Everything was working fine yesterday.........Hooked up the plow, and nothing!
    Checked the harness fuses, cleaned the connections, still no power.
    Thank you so much in advance!
    Western Pro-Plow, Ultra Mount, 4 station module
    99 F-250 Ford V-10

2. poncho62

poncho62 Senior Member

welcome

Do you have power to and from the solenoid?

3. captainmark

Thanks for the welcome Poncho! Yes, power to the solenoid, how do you check the motor power.......I don't have a meter.

4. no lead

no lead PlowSite.com Addict

jump the solenoid and see if the motor runs. if no, hook jumper cables to the battery and then to the plow motor + and - if motor wont run it is bad.

5. captainmark

Thank you soooo much I will try it! Happy NY!

6. captainmark

No Lead.........Poncho:
    Jumped the solenoid, and the plow motor worked..........bad solenoid??

7. no lead

more than likely.

8. captainmark

Thanks No Lead. I've gotta find one somewhere today, its gonna dump tonight.
    P.S. Loved the Bear/Fishing Vid!

9. captainmark

No Lead: I replaced the solenoid.........still nothing. Motor is good, solenoid is good, wiring looks fine..........could it be the controller? anyway to check that without taking it in? Thanks in advance.

10. robertpkerrsr@h

robertpkerrsr@h Member

I don't know if this will help but I had the same problem with my 2001 8' Fisher Minute Mount. My mechanic buddy took the three plow connections in the front of the truck apart and cleaned them out with CRC spray and put dielectric(?) grease on them. Totally healed now. I had never cleaned them up before. Now I will clean up a few times a year.
    Good Luck.

11. no lead

if solenoid clicks left right and up, controller is fine. you have a bad connection somewhere. i say bad ground. check all grounds at battery, power plug and motor.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2010
  12. captainmark

I have no power to the controller........well, no indicator lights, and nothing happens, no click or anything on up, down, r or l. when i jump the solenoid, the motor runs, and i have checked all the connections. frustrating. Thanks for all the help, maybe I'll have to just take it in. damn

13. no lead

check the blue wire near the controller for power. the control has to light in order to work.