1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Newbie needs wiring help

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Dave Meyers, Feb 26, 2008.

1. Dave Meyers

Dave Meyers Member

Hello, this board is a great find. I usually hang out on the Binder Bulletin, but I need help setting up a plow on my 1973 International Scout II. I have a Meyer plow, with an electrically powered hydraulic pump, (rather than a belt driven one). It has of course, two large wires. I also have a solenoid, a Cole Hersee 24059 with four terminals, unmarked :dizzy: . I have a controller with two cables and one black wire coming out of it. Can someone tell me how to wire the controller, solenoid, pump motor to my battery? Thank you in advance.

2. cjcocn

cjcocn Member

http://www.meyerproducts.com/service/ownersManual.asp

Try finding your manual at the above link. It should contain directions (and a schematic) for wiring.

If that doesn't do it, do a search in the Meyer forum. I am sure that this has been discussed previously.

HTH

3. Dave Meyers

Dave Meyers Member

Thank you for steering me in the right direction.

4. Cooter24

Cooter24 Senior Member
    from NE Iowa

Lets see some pics when you are done. I love IH Scouts.

5. Dave Meyers

Dave Meyers Member

I'll post some pics of the Scout ASAP. I have the plow all figured out. I made things more difficult for folks trying to help me because I misidentified the pump as a Meyer. It is a Western. Also, there was an "extra" wire coming off the solenoid that threw me off course. I believe it was used as a constant 12 V power source not related to the plow. It has a 4 terminal solenoid utlized as a 3 terminal which also threw me off course. The install is almost completed now.

6. Dave Meyers

Dave Meyers Member

Okay, I posted a couple pics of the Scout pre-plow install. I'll shoot some more after the install. They are in the pic section of this board.

7. 84deisel

84deisel Senior Member

on the old cable control western ,if memory serves me the xtra wire is hooked up to the t handle and is actually a ground wire that is grounded through the t handle.It grounds the solinoid when you move the handle thereby activating the pump.

8. Dave Meyers

Dave Meyers Member

Thanks. I had it working for a while before the motor crapped out. The extra wire was a 12V source for other non-plow related accesories. I am looking around for an affordable replacement motor. Do you know where I might find one in the Kenosha area?

9. 84deisel

84deisel Senior Member

might try adams ent in mchenry

10. Dave Meyers

Dave Meyers Member

The new motor is on the way. Old one definitely bad. I removed it from the truck, hooked straight to the battery and no spin. Spun it by hand and it sounded like a box of broken rocks. Spun the pump by hand, smooth as silk. Thanks for the help. Dave