1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Newbie needs some help

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by importkiller, Jul 30, 2010.

1. importkiller

importkiller Junior Member
    from NJ

Hello all...been reading for a few days...really nice forum.

I recently bought and rebuilt a 79 Chevy Scottsdale and figured I'd throw a plow on it for my driveway and maybe a friends local business parking lot...not looking to do this professionally like you guys..at least not with this rig.

Does anyone know where I can find used plow mounts for this year truck? So far Craigslist and ebay haven't turned up much. and what do I need to buy to make this setup, if I am piecing together?

I was an equipment operator for the county here for years but when it came to plow trucks I never rigged them...just drove...lol.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Depends If you find a Meyer It would be a conventional mount Part number 17078 they still have them listed on the books, price (out of the 09-10 price sheet) $1282 :eek:and some change.
    I have a New Snoway mount for the old three pin system. you would need to find a 24/25/MT/HT model snoway plow, they're out there.

Other then that it's a scavenger hunt.
  3. theplowmeister

theplowmeister 2000 Club Member
    from MA

If your going to plow your "friends" business parking you better have commercial insurance
  4. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Including general liability insurance as well as a commercial auto policy. You don't have insurance to pay claims, you have it to pay lawyers.

I would also have a contract with said friend, so that payment, your job requirements so that the limits of your liability are defined. It could make the difference on whether or not you stay friends
  5. importkiller

importkiller Junior Member
    from NJ

thanks for the replies...thats good info.. I'll definately call my insurance and get quotes for everything.
  6. Theshoemaker

Theshoemaker Senior Member

I actually found a plow that would fit your truck the other day, (73-87 chevy 4x4 trucks and 73-91 k5 blazers) it was a meyers md2 the new style, guy only wanted 500 bucks for it and it was complete. I'm sure its WAY PAST SOLD but there are deals out there you just always got to be looking especially this time of year.

Good luck