1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Newbie needs LCC info Columbus Ohio

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by timlutz, Nov 3, 2009.

1. timlutz

timlutz Junior Member

Hi all,
    Just joined this morning. Great forum but I thought I would brake protocol and ask questions first. I'm a one man SR operation in Columbus Ohio. I get a lot of work when it does snow. I have several small accounts and sub out to the local Walmart distribution center. I'm wanting to go LCC spray this winter and have designed and built my own equipment with a truck mounted spray bar and wand for doing walks.

Question is, What is the most cost effective LCC mix or buy bulk? I have 4 275 gallon IBC containers. One is for the truck and the other 3 will be used for bulk storage and or mixing. Any one have a good source for bulk LCC solution or flake around Columbus? Thinking a 34% should do fine. Also ahs anyone had any luck with calcium chloride / sodium chloride solution?
    Thanks all.

2. ChlorideGuy

ChlorideGuy Member

Give us a ring we can help you out Mike

3. timlutz

timlutz Junior Member

Hay Mike,
    Think I may have talked to you yesterday. Talked with Pinnacle Property Maintenance in Columbus and it doesn’t sound like they are going to order from you this year. They quoted me a price of $.80 a gallon. Where is your next closest distributor to Columbus? How far are you from Columbus? I would consider loading up a flat bed with totes and driving if it's going to save me that much money.

4. Mike S

Mike S PlowSite.com Addict

Welcome to the site! Nice to see another CBUS guy on Psite. How many gallons are you looking for?

5. timlutz

timlutz Junior Member

Going to be working out of 1 truck with a 275 tote so a place that I can pull up and fill would be great. Also have 3 more totes that I can fill that I will leave at home. You got some LCC for sale?

6. ChlorideGuy

ChlorideGuy Member

sorry timlutz Pinnacle is going with another company that has a very low calcium brine content!! ( i know they will switch back to us very soon after the get there first shipment and find that it's crap) so stay tuned. We will be looking for another Distr. in that area to get set up. So if you know anyone put them in touch with us.

Thanks
    Mike

7. timlutz

timlutz Junior Member

Will do. What is a good number as far as gallon storage for a Distr?

8. ChlorideGuy

ChlorideGuy Member

Give us a ring we can talk on the phone

Mike

9. Mike S

Mike S PlowSite.com Addict

Give me a yell 614- 206-2528. We have brine, cal, and cal/brine blend. I could spare some. I dont know where your located I have a few friends with basicly same setup that would spare some also

10. studebaker48

studebaker48 Member

Call GWI 614-625-3933 they have a 24hr store during snow events they have liquid and bagged product. tell them jake sent you.

11. ChlorideGuy

ChlorideGuy Member

MikeS what % calcium and mag. do you guys have?

12. turboguy

turboguy Member

Another source you could look at is Royalty Enterprises. They are right down the road from you in Newark, OH and deliver their product anywhere in Ohio for 50 cents a gallon Their phone number is 740-323-3333

13. timlutz

timlutz Junior Member

Thanks for all the leads

Thanks everyone for all the leads. Going to go fwd with sprayer construction. Just pucked up a nice 5 hp Pacer pump off of CraigsList for $20

Last edited: Nov 12, 2009
  14. shaw32

shaw32 Junior Member
    from ohio

Sorry But we do buy our product from them and I did not talk to you. And Yes Its .80 per gallon. and you can load at our filling station or we can deliver.