1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

newbie needs help

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by runswithwolves, Dec 23, 2014.

1. runswithwolves

runswithwolves Junior Member

Howdy. I have lived in north western wisconsin for 18 years and have finally gotten my very first plow. :drinkup: I need a little help. The mounting part was easy and I know where the cables go on plow motor however from motor to solenoid to power am clueless it's a western straight plow with a cable control. Was told to get an old ford solenoid. Figured I graduated in 88 and I've been called old that an 80 something ford solenoid should be old enough. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance

2. quigleysiding

quigleysiding PlowSite.com Addict

3. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Get the proper solenoid.

4. to_buy

to_buy Senior Member

invest in the electric valve body, those cables suck to adjust. Congratulation you starting off with a great plow. If you need any other help give me a yell

5. runswithwolves

runswithwolves Junior Member

Where would one find out what the proper solenoid is

6. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

A Ford starter solenoid will work in a pinch, but you want the newer western one for continuous duty. Or a tombetta one.