1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

newbie needs help

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by CR128VT, Sep 2, 2012.

1. CR128VT

CR128VT Junior Member
    from Vermont

I am new to this site and pretty new to the industry. I own and operate a small part time lawn service and due to the demand I agreed to handle year round service for two small condo associations. That being said my work truck is a 2007 new body style ext. cab 6.5' box 1500. I am looking for a plow that will handle the 2 jobs with ease that won't break the bank or over load the truck. The plow will be removed for daily driving and only hooked up to plow so ease of hook up is important. I am also interested in any suggestions for a tailgate sander.

2. born2farm

born2farm 2000 Club Member

How big are the condos?

How many drives and what is the average drive size?

Are there roads that you need to take care of as well?

What is the trigger for plowing?

We might be able to give a little more help once we know these answers. Welcome to Plowsite!

3. CR128VT

CR128VT Junior Member
    from Vermont

Both have an oversized 1 lane entrance/ exit that are around 50yds long. The larger complex has 3 extremely small drive ways and 2 drive ways that are about 20'x50'. The smaller complex has a straight shot entrance with 6 small two car max driveways.

4. CR128VT

CR128VT Junior Member
    from Vermont

....and the trigger for getting into plowing was getting the year round contracts. The idea has always been to cover year round service, but a new truck and full size set up is just not in the cards right now.

5. born2farm

born2farm 2000 Club Member

By trigger I mean do you start plowing at one inch, two inch ect.

6. Dogplow Dodge

Dogplow Dodge PlowSite Veteran
    from NJ

What kind of truck is it ? you didn't specify brand.

7. CR128VT

CR128VT Junior Member
    from Vermont

3 inch min.....Chevy 1500lt

8. blazer2plower

blazer2plower Senior Member

For the plow look at snoway 26R its for half ton's. As for salting. What do you have to salt. Buyers has a one. Parts are all over for them.

9. CR128VT

CR128VT Junior Member
    from Vermont

I did some research of the local dealer and only one is offering 24hr emergency service and also the best price has 3 different brands to choose from. He has a left over blizzard 7600lt, the boss sport duty, or the 26/26r snoway. Any advice on whats the best bang for the buck? Leaning towards the left over blizzard or boss just because of price savings

10. blazer2plower

blazer2plower Senior Member

I have snoways 29r and love it the 26r is for half tons. Boss is a good plow. The blizzard I know nothing. All have their pros and cons if money is tight go with the boss. Did your dealer have any demos? Snoway 26r has down pressure. Its nice to have when back dragging. And the two wings are great.

11. CR128VT

CR128VT Junior Member
    from Vermont

I purchased a reconditioned snoway 26. I didn't want all the weight of the 26r and money was a big factor. I liked the down force and a little beefer frame than the boss sport duty