1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Newbie Needs Help!

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by JRudd007, Oct 14, 2003.

1. JRudd007

JRudd007 Junior Member

Hello everyone. I have been reading this site for the last month and a half and found it to to be a very useful and knowledgeable resource. This is my third year snowplowing, but my first year doing commercial/ large lots and salting. Below is my tenative pricing structure for commercial lots. Whats your opinion on it?
    Snow Amount Price
    < 3" Base price
    3'- <6" Base + 33%
    6"- <9" Base + 66%
    9"- <12" 2x Base
    12" + 2x Base plus 15% per 1" over 12"

Now the next problem I have been wrestling with is figuring the time it will take to plow the 3 lots below at the different depths.
    I will be using a 96 F150 with 7' Myers appropiatly weighted and with top quality snow tires.
    I would appreciate if anyone can offer me a time factor of how long they think it will take me to plow the below areas at the above listed depths. I think this is better than an " I would charge this much" because we all have different operating costs, market bearing, profit ratios, etc. I also think most experienced guys on here can agree on a +- time of how long it would take given the above equiptment rather than tring to agree on a dollar amount to charge. Thanks in advance for helping me figure out these bids. This is a great site and I can't wait to hear from everyone.
    This is the first picture, I have to post the other two as separate threads.

sears 2.jpg
  2. JRudd007

JRudd007 Junior Member

Newbie Needs Help! Image #2

Here is the second image, a VFW.

3. JRudd007

JRudd007 Junior Member

Newbie Needs Help! Image #3

Here is a restaurant.

4. chtucker

chtucker Senior Member

Obstructions? Where can you put the snow? If it was straight shots, no islands, and the first push could be down one side, the second across the bottom and the the third down the other side???

About an hour 15 with a 7' plow..... With a Blizzard 810 45 minutes;)

5. Big Nate's Plowing

Big Nate's Plowing PlowSite.com Addict

here are the other pics

ROSELAWN Member

Yeah, you need to cough up more details to get an accurate set of replys. However, I think 36,000 sq. ft. with a 7' would take just over an hour. I would suggest some wings for your plow. :nod:
  7. Big Nate's Plowing

I could knock out " sears" in less then an hour w/ an 8' blade.. I would defanantly get a set of wings, w/ a 7' blade you are looking at about 1½-1¾ hours.
    on the VFW if it is all getting windrowed to each side, that could be done in about an hour too w/ an 8' blade, ditto on the restraunt, depending on the amount of cars
  8. JRudd007

JRudd007 Junior Member

The lots are all open except where the building is located. No islands, sidewalks or anything in the lots on any of them. I can push the snow practically all the way around the buildings if necessary- I am not really limited in space. My question is only concerning plowing the lots. Sidewalk shoveling, salting, travel time, etc will be added in seperate. Thanks again. Keep the info coming.
  9. myo

myo Senior Member

Is there a building and a restaurant?
  10. Clean Cut Lawns

Clean Cut Lawns Banned

whats the question?:confused:
  11. BRL

BRL PlowSite.com - Veteran

Clean Cut- the question was here LOL.

I took the liberty of putting all of the pictures here, because I was sure getting confused. ;).

Welcome to Plowsite JRudd007!
    For the future, simply reply to your first thread to attach multiple pictures.

Good luck!
  12. JRudd007

JRudd007 Junior Member

Thanks so far for the help. Are the numbers you are giving me for the 3" range 12" or what? I assume there will be quite a time variance plowing different depths of snow? Yes an 8 footer would be nice, but gien my truck I have to make due with what I have ( my 7 footer).
  13. Big Nate's Plowing

for the VFW, that could all be windrowed, snowfall 12" max
    the others I would sayt those times are on a <8" snow
  14. BRL

BRL PlowSite.com - Veteran

These times are for the lower accumulations, up to 4" or so (all these times are based on individuals abilities & experiences). On the big storms you don't wait until the whole 9" or however much are down to plow. These are commercial facilities that want their buildings safely accesible for their employees & customers (exception would be the VFW). So you will be plowing those lots every few inches. I agree with the suggestion to put wings on that plow for sure. Cheap way to change your 7' to around 8' 8" plow.