1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Newbie needs advice on sale.

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by firstmopar1, Jul 29, 2005.

1. firstmopar1

firstmopar1 Junior Member

Any ideas what a good asking price is for this would be? I am looking to trade or sell. I think it is a decent plow for a homeowner but I need something with better MPG to get to work.
    1988 Ramcharger With Western Pro Plow.
    360 V8 Auto less than 80K original miles
    New tires
    New U-joints
    Runs fair Needs Muffler.
    4WD WORKS
    Plow/pump works well.
    Needs new cables

Contact Chris at lainoguard-mtw@yahoo.com , pictures available at.
    http://photos.yahoo.com/chrisndawn@sbcglobal.net

2. SIPLOWGUY

SIPLOWGUY Senior Member

We had a similiar truck at Church we sold last year for $500. The differance was it had no brakes and the plow was stuck up. Post it here thats where we sold it.

3. firstmopar1

RE:post it here

I tried and it wouldn't take the post.
    maybe because I am a newbie and don't have access.
    Everything works on the truck and plow. Needs cables because the cover is worn on one but still works and angles. drops a tad hard because I adjusted the cable too much to break the ice from the melt on the driveway.
    $500 seems way light I was thinking @ $1500 for the whole package, any running and functioning 4wd is usually worth @ $1k in my neck of the woods.
    Maybe a moderator can move this to the equipment section?

1988 Ramcharger F/S Highland, IN
    « on: July 28, 2005, 03:47:16 PM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    1988 Ramcharger With Western Pro Plow.
    360 V8 Auto less than 80K original miles
    Runs fair Needs Muffler.
    4WD WORKS
    Plow Works
    Great work truck or starter plow truck.
    New tires, U-joints, Rebuilt QUadrajet, Extra drivers side door.
    $1500.00 OBO Will Consider trade for ? car.
    Stereo Components also available for sale or trade not installed in vehicle will consider package deal.
    1- Phoenix Gold MS 275 Amp for subs.
    1- Alpine 4 channel 50w x 4
    1- Sony CDX 650 HU (chameleon/black face)
    set- Infinnity Kappa series 60.5cs components
    set- Rockford Fosgate HPC 2206 6.5 CoAx
    3 - JL Audio 10w6 dv in sealed box
    Contact Chris at lainoguard-mtw@yahoo.com , pictures available at.
    http://photos.yahoo.com/chrisndawn@sbcglobal.net

4. captfudd

captfudd Member

I'd give you $750.00 for it thats about it!

5. PremierLand

PremierLand PlowSite.com Addict
    from detroit

hey im in michigan. Please call me. 313-477-4505. I'd like to buy it. I also know anything that runs is worth over 1000. I'll give you more than that.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2005
  6. firstmopar1

RE:Thanks for moving this thread

Thanks again for moving it for some reason it wouldn't post here.
    Have a great day .
    Chris

7. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

i see 500 its needs to be painted

8. CamLand

CamLand Senior Member

Where abouts is Highland Indiana? I go down to the tri-state area quite abit and would stop in and take a look..lmk camlandservices@yahoo.com

P.S. Tri-State: Michigan Ohio Indiana before I get flooded with pm of what that is..

9. firstmopar1

Email sent.

10. firstmopar1

I might take $500 for the plow and pump itself.
    call it $1300 "ok pay attention now" here is where I go out on a limb and say OBO which means "or best offer for the whole rig" and everyone flames me for saying $500- 750 is a joke.
    for that money I will let it sit in the side drive and just plow my drive the 4 times it snows out here each year.
    I know the truck and the plow are rough but both work and get the job done so I really don't see a need to give it away. If you know what I mean.
    Good luck and have a great day
    Chris

11. PremierLand

from detroit

that truck is sweet. If I had some extra time to get it up here, i'd prolly buy it. Someone will buy it for $1300 for sure.

12. All_Clear

All_Clear Senior Member

Stick to your price, there are far worse going for more around Indiana. I shopped forever for my bronco plow truck but now i need a pickup. If you haven't already post it in the Indiana auto & rv. bout $30 for 3 weeks. Its sure to sell before winter hits. Fall is the time to really advertise it.

All_Clear

13. firstmopar1

Yeah I will probably try to get serious about it in the next month or so unless I just decide to let it sit until snow.
    You guys have a great week.
    Chris

14. NJ Plowman

NJ Plowman Senior Member

WOW, you guys get some great prices...here in Jersey, in that shape it would sell for around $300 on the low side to maybe $450-$500 on the high side. Most likely the $350 area. I don't want to insult anybody, but firstmopar1 asked a reasonable question and that is what it would go for here in NJ. At $1000 to $1500 it would never sell, it would just sit in your driveway and give everybody a good laugh!

15. All_Clear

All_Clear Senior Member

You'd be hard pressed to find a running truck for $350 here, let alone if it had a plow. No insult in putting your 2 cents in, everywhere across the country will give somewhat of a different price. Come fall that truck can bring $1000 - $1500 even beat up and needing paint in Indiana. Thats why i had said to run it in the Indiana auto&rv in fall it would sell there. It's interesting to see the difference in pricing.

16. PremierLand

from detroit

anything that runs around here sells for atleast a grand

17. firstmopar1

Thanks for all of the input guys!
    $350-$500? man I feel for you guys that live in brokeland! Actually as long as all you do is buy old rigs then I envy you all! I am going to have to head out by you guys and buy all of your rigs and sell them up here in Chicago-land. You can't get a used POS cavalier or tortise for $350 unless it has a blown engine or trans.
    Why does everyone say it needs paint?
    It has new paint...LOL I mean what the heck! That was my fathers day gift from my daughter and wife. You should have seen it before the date with the rustoleum safety red. The last guy that owned it brushed on masonite white over the original brown. We used a quality roller and some high gloss paint on the body and Flat black on the hood in a traditional MOPAR color scheme.
    ALL Kidding aside. It looked way worse befor the roller job, which was the best the beast was going to get outta me. I would be scrounging for new fenders and have to do a whole lot of welding and patching before I would have dreamed of squirting it with any real color. The beauty of a working plow and 4wd is that it is ok to be ugly. When you rub a drift or scrape a tree branch you don't have a kitten. In the $1k ball park that is a damm good rig.
    Yes I am going to have to make a choice here pretty soon if I really want to sell the old girl or not. I mean if someone comes up and makes a serious offer the truck is gone and will be missed. However, I am debating if I want to run the ads and go through all of that. I can use the cash for sure but I really enjoy being able to plow the drives instead of arguing with the kids over who gets to shovel the driveway. My original question I guess has been put too bed. The main reason I asked was because I honestly didn't know what a rough but working plow added to the value of the truck. It kills it for the ramcharger fanatics but it should add a few dollars for someone looking for a backup or personal use plow. At the rates the commercial guys charge(hey I understand all about a business and if I was going to do it for a business I would charge appropriately) but for pete sake a home owner has a choice to pay or buy a blade for their new truck. This is an alternative to spending $2000-$3500 on a blade that they have to put on their new $25k-$40k truck. Which for a homeowner isn't always the brightest option. What if they don't even own a truck to begin with? I don't think $1300 -$1500 is outrageous to not have to walk behind a snow-blower. I am talking a personal use turn key unit that sits in the garage, back yard or side drive until it is needed. Runs has windows, doors and Heat what more could a guy want. Jeesh the more I defend it the more I feel like just keeping it out of nostalgia.
    Gotta run!
    Take care everybody!
    One last thought before I go. I wonder how many people would buy a plowing game Like Big mother truckers?
    Hmmmm! Any programmers out there?

18. NJ Plowman

NJ Plowman Senior Member

We buy are trucks from city and county auctions. The last truck we bought was a 1987 GMC 2500 4x4 with a Fuel Injected 350, Auto Trans, 8 Foot Bed and it had a Western Mount and Cable Operated Pump (no blade though) and we bought it for $225. It needed about $400 worth of work to get it road worthy (60,000 original miles on it) and there were 20 more right next to it at the same auction. Sure, if we bought it off the street we would have paid maybe $1000.00 or more, but you gotta know where to shop! My buddy just picked up a 1990 GMC 6500 with a 427 and an Allison Auto trans, Dump Body, and a like new (used only one year) 10 foot Western Unimount complete plow setup on it for $4000.00 and it only had 16,000 miles on it. Runs like new!

19. firstmopar1

I am hackin on ya here so don't freak out OK!

So this 87 for $225 needed $400 plus a new/Used Blade? so lets see... 625 plus lets say ebay and 150-300 for the blade and where does that leave the ballpark?
    I am not saying that it wasn't a great bargain at $225 but after you factored in your labor/per hr I just don't see much of a difference between buying that and spending the same as someone who pays 1000 for a turn key unit.
    I personally would rather spend the grand and spend my time with the kids, wife or anything other than having to turn a wrench. It is funny how we all call it saving money if we fix it ourselves but say we are underpaid at our jobs...LOL here is my example: I have a dollar figure in my head that says $16 bucks an hour minimum. If I can get someone to do the job for less than that I consider it saving money because unless I am wrenching for pleasure it is work. Work=Pay! Right? So what exactly do you all consider your minimum wage? I mean no one here plows for free or does a neighbors drive on the side right? My oppinnion si that if I have to pay more than $16 and hour like $90 at a dealer I will seriously consider doing the job myself.
    My union friends will go even to bigger extremes. Some will never turn a wrench cause it is someone elses job and others will never take anything too a professional because " I am not going to get ripped off by some over paid mechanic, plumber, carpenter or whatever"
    Dude it takes all kinds in this world which is why the world we live in has such a great potential. If only we all were to wise up and stop spinning our own wheels. Just imagine what we could accomplish if we all worked together? Heck I am not even talking global. Just imagine what it would be like if everyone here on this site were to go out of their way to work together. Not talkin about communism here just brotherhood and patronage.
    Hey listen this is has been a great time for me but I am afraid if this gets too far off topic I will get shut down. Maybe this is time to move it from the forsale and into a general discussion area since No one wants to buy this overpriced and needs to be painted Dodge from me on this site...LOL
    Have a great day a better week.
    C

20. neetchracer

neetchracer Junior Member

Is it a cable operated plow? I am looking for an electric Unimount type plow and am located in Michigan.

I tried to post a new thread on the "For Sale" board, but could not get it to work. If anyone knows where I can get a used Unimount 7' 6" or comparable name brand plow please let me know. Thank you for your time.

neetchracer@yahoo.com