1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Newbie need help pricing

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by patrickpage21, Oct 18, 2011.

1. patrickpage21

patrickpage21 Junior Member

I bought a 2011 f-350 turbo diesel with a 8' plow on the front of it and i have a couple commercial and residential oppurtunities and was wondering if some of you guys can help me out with a pricing how to charge or a sheet on how to estimate it. I've seen rates 100/hr but how do i charge an hour if it looks less but it comes out to be an hour. and also for the commercial side how do i estimate that and what kind of rate. I also have been seeing seasonal contracts how would i figure that out.
    Thanks for everyones help in advance.

2. sectlandscaping

sectlandscaping Senior Member

Before you decide on a hour rate figure out your overhead. Then youll know what to charge per hour. A guy might charge $100 but it might cost him $60 to be there. If it cost you less, you could charge less. Or if it cost more, charge more. Other then that your just throwing random numbers out there.

For seasonal. Add up the amount of snowstorms times the amount of hours it would take. Do the same for salt with time and materials.

3. patrickpage21

ok and pretty much think what it would take to do a parking lot? is there an average or how to i figure an hourly rate. One place i have a pretty much good chance in getting is a jewel store and another is an advanced auto parking lot. what would charge as if your familier with those places. Shovel for one- then shovel and salt? Also for residential i was thinking decent size driveway up to 6 inches charge 50 buck, 6-8 75 bucks and 8-10 100 bucks or if they want every 3 inches charge a flat rate of 50 bucks each time i go there. Let me know your thoughts

4. sectlandscaping

driveway numbers seem good. I wont show up for at least $40.

You could do a search to figure overhead. To make it simple add all your expenses, phone, insurance, fuel, maintenance, cost to replace plow/truck/sander, etc. Then divide by how many hours your going to work. I found a few free programs to help through google.

5. TwoBrosLawn

TwoBrosLawn Member
    from 53223

good luck getting 50 for a drive in the midwest

6. patrickpage21

what programs can you message me them.

7. sectlandscaping

just google snow removal estimator. There web based. One is on a competing forum so I cant link to it.